Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Suspension upgrade - best choice?

tazsura

Hi people,

I was just wondeing what is the suspension of choice when upgrading from the standard C2/C4 suspension? What sort of figures are we looking at?

I wouldn't be tracking the car, so more for day-to-day road use. Don't want it too hard, but would like it to sit much lower than the standard set-up, maybe around the same height of the RS, so ~40mm drop?

Cheers

Taz :wink:

You can get a lowering kit which includes Bilstein shocks and lowering springs for about £750 + VAT from Type 911. I guess you'll then need to add another £400 to £500 for fitting and full alignment.

There are also more expensive options :shock:

Lol..yeh, i saw some of those more expensive options...Ouch!

That Bilstein one seems to be pretty good value. Any reviews of it?

Any other suggestions?

Yeh, I was wondering about just having lowering springs...but do they not cause a bouncy ride?

Taz :?:

No mines quite firm actually. I suppose it also depends on whether your shocks are good or not.

Oh, ok, excellent. Are you running standard C2/C4 shocks?

What diff's have you oticed since having the lowering springs? Apart from appearance obviously! How much lower does the car sit?

Taz :D

Yeah running standard shocks. Sits about 30- 40mm lower and you really notice the difference when driving. ALOT firmer, stiffer and feels more planted. You notice it more when cornering. However, it does tend to rattle the fillings out of your teeth when going over bumpy ground, speed strips etc...!

This is what I've heard previously too. Short springs with OEM shocks tend to cause a crashy ride. Fine on the smooth stuff, but less so when it gets rough. The shock is not being correctly utilised by the stiffer, shorter spring.

Hmmm, when the time comes maybe i'll just have to bite the bullet and do a spring and shock job!

Damn

Taz :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back