Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Off to see a 964....

not too fussed on spec, it will replace my 3.2 as my track car, so it will be stripped \ caged....

demonfish said:
not too fussed on spec, it will replace my 3.2 as my track car, so it will be stripped \ caged....

I love them stripped and caged :twisted:

gonna to turn it into an RS clone?
The good thing about a 964 RS is that it's not that far from a C2 so a "conversion" shouldn't be that difficult nor expensive, I think Jamie did that with his last car before he went for a real RS recently. Cracking car!

Butzi said:
gonna to turn it into an RS clone?
The good thing about a 964 RS is that it's not that far from a C2 so a "conversion" shouldn't be that difficult nor expensive, I think Jamie did that with his last car before he went for a real RS recently. Cracking car!

Mick - have you been drinking very very heavily or what??????? :evil:

I hope so...

hee hee hee.. I knew this will fish you out somewhat! :wink:

Don't know a huge amount about 964RS TBH, but I remember the engine is not much more powerful, different suspension, 50kg lighter, mag wheels, looks the same externally, but seam welded body, anything else?

You must say though, it's easier to do an RS clone for a 964 than a 993 from a C2 surely?

Anyway, have you got your car back yet?

i'll get it as loight as possible within a reasonable budget, may go for RS look, but wont be able to afford full replica...

I'm not a purist, not really fussed about whether everything is original... hence the big reds, 993 turbo rims bucket seats etc on the 3.2....

I make my car for me, not the next person, and not the Porsche Club Old Boys.... :wink:

I'm looking forward to it, i just hope its not a dog....

suspension has been done, brakes I will transfer from the 3.2, as will the seats \ harnesses etc, I should have cage soon, but it will fit either should this car not be right...

Power - well that can wait till rebuild time, few years off i hope - its will be plenty for me to learn as it is...

It should end up being a nice, light-ish 3.6, with my 993 wheels and R888's, full cage, harnesses and buckets, minimal interior, in metallic black with black rims... nice and stealthy apart from the huge red brakes :D

what suspension has it had done? Sounds like it's gonna be a tasty track car! Come rebuild time, will you consider one of those 9M heads?

Butzi said:
hee hee hee.. I knew this will fish you out somewhat! :wink:

Don't know a huge amount about 964RS TBH
OBVIOUSLY!!!

, but I remember the engine is not much more powerful,
BLUE PRINTED ENGINE THAT LEFT FACTORY WITH ALMOST NO TWEAKS - MOST EASILY RUN 300BHP WITHOUT HAVING TO DO MUCH TO THEM

different suspension, 50kg lighter, mag wheels, looks the same externally, but seam welded body, anything else?
OH COME ON....YOUR JOKING NOW RIGHT

You must say though, it's easier to do an RS clone for a 964 than a 993 from a C2 surely?
NO -WHY???

Anyway, have you got your car back yet?

NO BUT YOU'VE REMINDED ME TO RING...BODYWORK SHOULD ALL BE FINISHED NOW SO NOT LONG

Anyway these 964RS must be much quicker on track than those 993RSs as they seem to go past them an awful lot and it rarely happens the other way around.....or is it just there drivers are better and the 993 boys are just pretend poseurs :wink: :wink: :p

964RS said:
Anyway these 964RS must be much quicker on track than those 993RSs as they seem to go past them an awful lot and it rarely happens the other way around.....or is it just there drivers are better and the 993 boys are just pretend poseurs :wink: :wink: :p

at least we make it to the track!
whistling1.gif
hands.gif
rofl.gif

I've just been reading the article on T911 about 964RS with Ollie's car in, beautiful car!
Tell me something 'cos I keep reading different info, is the RS 50kg or 100 kg lighter? I always thought 964RS was 50kg lighter and 993RS was 100kg lighter than standard, but some articles keep saying the otherway round!

Butzi said:
964RS said:

at least we make it to the track!
whistling1.gif
hands.gif
rofl.gif

oooooh savage!!!!!!...............but funny............sorry Jason :wink:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back