Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 MK1 "Zanzibar"

Daniel

Donnington
Saw a Zanzibar GT3 in Shirley's a few years back, when I was first looking at 996s. Thought it looked stunning, and far better than it ever looks in photos.

Photos never seem to do justice to Zanzibar, it's a stunning colour in bright sunlight.

There were 9 Mk1s built :)

Seems good value that one... don't the RHDs normally go for north of £40k?

I love Zanzibar- I saw the same car that Jay saw, and it looked great.

Not too sure about the colour, can't tell from the photo, but with the rest of the interior in black that painted centre console looks bizarre, I'd have to swap that if it was mine.

Max

Max Bowler said:
Not too sure about the colour, can't tell from the photo, but with the rest of the interior in black that painted centre console looks bizarre, I'd have to swap that if it was mine.

Max

I am just looking into having mine painted ! Artic Silver tho..

Silver looks fine with black, mine is done in SY with loads of other stuff in the cockpit(wouldn't have bothered if it had been mine from new), that colour doesn't go with black( or any other colour to be honest)

Max

Do you reckon a lapis blue centre console with grey leather would be :shock: or OK?

Not sure, if you want to know harm free, photograph the interior of the car, change the console colour in photoshop, doesn't have to be perfect to give you a good idea of what it will look like, you can always photo the outside of the car to import the colour into a custom palette. It's free and if it does look like a disaster you can give it a thorough ignoring. I did the same with my wheels to see what they looked like painted.

Max

Have to admit I'm not a great fan of the painted centre consoles. It may just be me but I always feel it cheapens the interior. Now CF centre consoles...a very different matter

I sat in Dave's car the other day, his has the console and the round the clocks painted.. Looks very well.

I love CF consoles, but alas, not the price... £625+vat from design 911 for a non OE, or £804 + belgian VAT for a real one from Gert.

Mine looks like Laurance Llewellyn Bowen has been let loose, like I said, given the option it would have been black from new.

Max

That car would look cool in any colour, apart from pink. :shock:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back