Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Vehicle Tracking System

anissut

Guys,

My car has the VTS and I have a couple of questions. My Insurance does not require me to have a tracking system. So, first of all, am I obligated to activate the Porsche VTS? Also, any idea what the annual cost is as the paperwork faxed over to me by the dealer doesn't mention the cost. Considering Insurance doesn't require it and I wouldn't really want my car if it did get taken anyway, what would you do?

TIA.

Cost per year is £200, nearly twice the cost of tracker..!!

No, you don't have to have it initiated if you don't require it..

garyw

Have you asked your insurer what the discount would be if you activated the Thatcham 5 VTS?

I personally find it a pain to carry the card around however it is handy as if you leave home without your wallet - you get a call to remind you to go home and collect it!

Jamie said:
I personally find it a pain to carry the card around however it is handy as if you leave home without your wallet - you get a call to remind you to go home and collect it!

LOL - that is brilliant! :lol:

Jamie said:
Have you asked your insurer what the discount would be if you activated the Thatcham 5 VTS?

Jamie, I used Chris who said it makes no difference whatsover. I think I'll leave it as I am forgetful at the best of times.

Nice reminder phone call :wink: , but reported that you get a few and then you start getting bills for the privilege !!! :?
Only done it twice :oops:

garyw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back