Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It's here!

TimS

Spa-Francorchamps
Well, after a few weeks of searching and waiting, collected my C4 Cab Tip.

Great drive home and a lovely sound and feel.

Have to get a new set of front brakes and tyres on, regas the aircon.

Also the coolant warning light started flashing at the end of the run home. Checked it out and the level seems ok. Does it mean the blower fan is u/s and is there any way to check this or is it a trip to the OPC?
DSC00034.jpg

media3.jpg

Looks pretty .........

So are you a homsexual hairdresser ??

Just curious :twisted:

Nice car - I do like that colour!

You will of course get all the hairdresser jokes, but I'm sure you'll rise above it all!

I had the coolant light flashing and desperately trying to remember how it was fixed? Think it might have been a faulty header tank cap - as I'm sure it wasn't a fluid loss problem...

Very nice, enjoy.

Voya, congrats on yours as well - looks great. I'm sure it will give you a lot of pleasure.

So are you a homsexual hairdresser ??

Of course :D How else could I drive one of these! Now would that be a quick trim or a nice bubble perm for you sir :lol:

Check the coolant cap, if it's part number ends in anything but 2 you've got the old version so get your OPC to replace it :)

Jay T said:
Well done Tim. Cab Tip drivers of the world unite!

If you are gonna get a cab, it might as well be a tip, but it still needs to be a TurboS....:lol:

nice car Tim, luv the color.

Glad you have finally got hold of it Tim - enjoy every second of it!

OK, coolant cap part code on top is 996.106.447.00 BPO

On the inside it is PA6 6GF 30.

As neither of these end in 2 I presume it's the old version. So is it faulty in some way?

Well done Tim - is that Cobalt Blue by any chance? It was a special order paint finish on the 996 if memory serves correctly. Lovely!

~ Maxie

Zenith blue. Looks great in the sunlight. The photo didn't do it justice.

TimS said:
OK, coolant cap part code on top is 996.106.447.00 BPO

On the inside it is PA6 6GF 30.

As neither of these end in 2 I presume it's the old version. So is it faulty in some way?

Yes Tim, there was a factory recall, check with your local OPC whether this applied to the 3.4 too :)

PA6 GF 30 is the material of the cap, its a nylon with 30% glass fibre reinforcement........................
8)

welcome to the world of flashing coolant warning lights, leaks and expenses....

but congrats on a nice car, you will enjoy

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back