Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Front wing conversion

goodjob

Hi All.

New to the site but not to Porkies!

Have a question. Has anyone undertaken a 911 (930) turbo front wing conversion to a 993 set? Apart from the wings, I presume you need a bumper and different bonnet?? Do the inner wings need modifying to match the shape of the new winds?

Thx

Goodjob

At last months Ace meet there was a black 911 which resembled a 964 with a 993 front end. TBH it didnt seem to go together quite right and there were some really large panel gaps, notably between the door and front wings so may not be straight forward.

a 930 is worth as much as a 993 C2 nowdays

would probably be better just to swap

Simon's probably right on values. Good 930's have appreciated and it is probably only the poor ones that might make good donors.

As to the conversions, there are quite a few SC and 3.2 to 964 look cars around, so that may be a relatively straightforward change involving the bumpers, but I think the whole front end of the 993 is quite different and would be a much more involved task.

Really wouldn't have thought it was worth it.

Found out GT-Racing actually make carbon wings that have the 2 inch build up needed to fit the bonnet and bumper correctly. This means it is a bolt-on 993 conversion.

If you have wings, bonnet and bumper in CF it saves around 40 kg!

Tempted... :D

John

IMO i would rather go with the 964 turbo look front and back. Easy to do and straightforward bolt on parts. Someone somewhere had 993 front wings etc but kept the 964 rear end and it looked hideous! Like a cut n shut, it just didnt look right. There is no easy way you can make the back of the 930 look like a 993, a 964 turbo yes. A 930 rear - 993 front = disaster. All IMO of course!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back