Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

electronic weird things

Jonathan Rubins

My car seems to be inventing gremlins: when i put the roof up from the key fob the windows stay down, the horn now sounds on locking the door, any ideas font of all knowledge

Jonathan Rubins said:
My car seems to be inventing gremlins: when i put the roof up from the key fob the windows stay down, the horn now sounds on locking the door, any ideas font of all knowledge

To my knowledge (based on my 996cab, but pretty sure it followed through on the 997 ) the windows shouldn't go up on the keyfob, that feature was removed due to H&S- the smartop re-enabled the feature.

The horn sounding indicates that something is not secure, centre console, boot etc. it could also be a faulty module as was a recent case I read about.

garyw

The comfort windows feature can be switched on or off within coding when at your local Porsche dealer. Porsche had lots of complaints with the system due to some people not knowing it existed and some sitting on their keys :lol:

As already remarked, the blip from the alarm is a signal that something isn't closed fully. Check the glovebox, cubby box etc. It could be that one of the micro switches on the roof isn't working correctly to tell the PAS system that the roof is down.

MG

If the horn sounds when the car is being armed, something is NOT shut fully or thinks that it is not. Try the glovebox, console usual things or if the roof is playing up it may be one of the micro switches for roof control causing faults with alarm.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back