Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Should I stay or should I go ???

What should I do?

• Sell the RS and keep the GT3

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sell the GT3 and keep the RS

• Sell both and get an even more track focussed Porsche

• Keep both and stop dithering - what could be better?

• Total voters

964RS

Hockenheim
Alright chaps and chapesses after some guidance.

I'm not sure your opinions will help as I've confused myself into a bloody coma but I am really interested in them anyway.

As you may know I have a rather nice lhd GT3 Mk1 which is quite track focussed. 8)

I also have a rather nice black and orange 964RS that will be back with me in the next couple of weeks. 8)

I drive a 944S2 each day and although never liked them really quite enjoy abusing this and don't get worried when its left out in the rain! :wink:

We have a Chrysler Voyager for the missus and the 3 bairns and I've just bought the missus an MX5 for her to play in when the suns out.

We only have 2 garages so our driveway is sometimes like Tesco car park. :shock:

Now the dilemas...

1. when the RS gets back something is going to have to come out the garage and stay parked on the drive :(

2. I'm not entirely certain of how sensible it is having the RS AND the GT3 - I've spent a lot on both of them and there is the annual maintemance, insurances etc etc. Should I just have one car and use the money I save on more track days? it would also solve 1 above :?

Money is not really too much of an issue but I do hate waste and am starting to spend more of my time thinking what I should do rather than doing it...and its driving me bonkers :evil: :evil: :evil:

so what would you do and why.....SEE POLL

Sell the water cooled keep the Air!!

I voted sell the GT3 - but on the express condition that you sell it to me for an absurdley small amount of money :lol:

you forgot an option...

* Give Matt the RS, thus freeing up important space :D

I'd keep both, if viable, sell the mx5, let her drive the RS seeing as its not really the "new toy"....

Although very close to voting "stop dithering" I vote for the GT3 to go. It would be a crying shame but those GT3's seem two a penny 'round here :wink: :wink:

And surely the 964RS is a whole lot of track car. I also believe you should sell it to me for a pittance.

(for pittance = the £30 in my pocket)

The obvious answer is to wait until I have sold my 996 then sell me the RS and you can lavish lots of loving care on the GT3.

We'd all be winners :D

Jason... you must keep both.

I'll look after one for you... I got used to driving a '64 RS :twisted:

Its down to you.. (which you know)

Which car makes you smile and happy when driving/cleaning ect..

The 3 is a newer car better A/C, cheaper parts.. ect..

The RS is a rare beast (only one on here) and has loads of character..

If I was you, I would wait till the RS is back and see if you have missed it, and if your happy with the work that has been carried out !

Tough one..

Keep the 964RS (its supposed to be a great car and surely the better investment); get rid of everything except the family bus and buy a used 997 of whatever variant suits to share with your better half.

If the accident has an impact on your ownership, which I know it does for most of us, then get rid of the lot and replace with 968 sport or club sport + used 997 with sport chrono + family bus.

If 997 is not within budget then a 996 GT3 comfort; turbo or GT2 could be interesting.

Not sure what I'd choose from your poll as clearly you've got two track rather than road orientated cars.

Surely you missed an option up there Jason?:

"Sell the Chrysler and MX-5 and let the missus and kids walk everywhere. Its good for their health and the govt (god bless them all) keep telling us this is a good thing".

:wink:

Tiptip Topcat said:
If the accident has an impact on your ownership, which I know it does for most of us,

A few people have said that but I'm not expecting that to be the case at all? I have missed the RS...however its been made much easier by having the 3 to play with...and thats a stonking car too...much easier to drive on track for longer periods (a/c, pas etc) but doesn't bring out the same 'emotion'

Just tried to start the mx5 in the garage but the battery is flat so after a lot of swearing as of now that ones going!!! pity that wont be an option...

Jason,
Keep the 964RS whatever you do. You'll probably lose a fair bit in terms of the value at this pont in time due to the accident but as the value and rarity continues to increase, in a few yrs the accident history will not be as important.
If you sell it now you will regret it when you want to buy another one in a few yrs as then you find out they're costing twice as much as the amount you sold yours for!

As they say, "Buy land my son, they don't make them anymore!!"

Another vote for keeping the RS. It is one of those "special cars" that will always have a place in Porsche history. IF you have to sell one, I would lose the GT3 - even though it is in a fabulous colour!

Ade - I fancied the GT3 as I thought I'd use it more as a daily car in the summer months as the RS is used mainly on track. The 3 has air con etc also.

I'm actually not...it is quite a firm car with the penske race dampers and is on the hardest eibach springs and the drive to my office, although 35 miles is not very interesting. Plus there is a piece of crap road on the one way street to my office that the 3 would bottom out on if I took it up and it would certainly rip the new GT3 cup ducts off...so i have to drive the wrong way up it!

Nights and weekends I don't seem to get 2 mins to do anything so it has ended up becoming another track car....which incidentally it is superb on...and I'd rather have been in the 3 for our recent euro jaunt to spa and the ring than the RS thats for sure.

So I suppose it has ended up not being used for what I intended...although probably more than capable of doing so.

Mick - not sure what the value of the RS will be? I am sure it will be a whole lot better than pre-bump with many many many new original RS parts all from Porsche motorsport...I think the total cost is going to be mid 20k's

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bristolsparks
Back