Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Red 930 on Ebay.

Why?

Apart from the missing history, which could be a worry, without actually looking at the car, I can't see where description and reality part. The car is on Jersey number plates and from the photos looks quite nice.

I was offered the car about a month ago. I have seen the car up close. Trust me the car is nothing like it is described, and if its done 58k miles I am next in line for the throne of Luxembourg and have gonads the size and shape of the star ship Enterprise.

Manks

PS if anyone were minded to go see it, PM me first. I will give you the full SP.

Manks said:
I was offered the car about a month ago. I have seen the car up close. Trust me the car is nothing like it is described, and if its done 58k miles I am next in line for the throne of Luxembourg and have gonads the size and shape of the star ship Enterprise.

Do you walk with a limp?

Ok that would explain why.

It does seem that there are a hell of alot of dud ones around. I would imagine that if one was in the market for one it would be worth talking to you and See Ya, betweeen the two of you, you must have seen just about everyone of them.

Well if its a black one SEE YA will have seen it if its been around a while.

If its a non-metallic colour chances are I will know about it.

I find it INCREDIBLY annoying that people lie about the condition of their cars. I don't understand what they hope to achieve. Most people looking to spend £15k plus on a Porsche aren't complete idiots. Or perhaps they are looking for the exception.

Manks

Manks said:
Most people looking to spend £15k plus on a Porsche aren't complete idiots.

Manks

I bet you most don't know what they are looking at or for though.....

Not entirely no, but the one mentioned above was so obviously not as described that even Stevie Wonder would have walked away shaking his head.

Manks said:
Not entirely no, but the one mentioned above was so obviously not as described that even Stevie Wonder would have walked away shaking his head.

but he already shakes his head :lol: :lol:

And he is always smiling, but he wouldn't if he had seen that red 911!

Wonder how much of it was rotten and eaten away by the sea and salt down there!

Having previously bought and imported a car from Guernsey, and then had to spend a week welding in new panels, I know just how they corrode!

Tim

Corrosion isn't the problem. There are plenty of others though, many of which surround the fact that the car appears not to have done the modest 58k miles suggested by the seller.

The car is quite worn inside - seatbelts are furry at the edges, the seats are knackered, head lining rough and the dashboard is like the surface of the moon. The instrument hood is torn down to the foam where someone has driven it wearing rings.

The seller's explanation? "Yeah because Jersey is so small we have to get in and out of our cars a lot". I laughed my head off when he said that and even he joined in. He was a nice chap actually, but the car wasn't and with VAT it would have stood me at £20k. The car was about £16500 worth when I saw it, though I think he may have tarted it up a bit now (which is maybe worse).

I could go on and on with a long list, but as I have said this isn't the place.

I am increasingly taking the view that for a 930 to be worth £20k plus it must be somewhere near right. There is a lot of choice around the £16-£20k mark and many will be perfectly OK as usable cars. But I am looking for a car to keep forever and as such I want one that is 100% right. I don't mind paying, but it needs to be right.

Manks

Manks, have You been hanging out with See Ya. :lol:
It could take years then! :lol:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back