Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Annoying clicking noise from under dash

David Knight

Does anyone else get this from the ultrasonic sensors for the alarm system (original Porsche fit immobiliser) and if so have you done anything about it?

Would not be so bad if they were disabled when the car is running but no, every small movement generates a small click. I can drown it out with the radio or with the window down but that's not a solution.

Have you got a switch on the centre tunnel. Roughly in line where your left knee would be. I think that switching that off disables the ultra sonic sensors

Thanks Justin

That switch may be part of the System-1 Remote Alarm package according to the handbook.

I think I have the standard Alarm which works on locking the drivers door with the key. There is a sticker in my handbook that says that ultrasonic is an additional feature for the British spec car.

Just checked. No switch unfortunately.

David, how are you getting on with fixing this?

I don't get a clicking noise but I get a regular buzzing noise from under the dash. This is caused by the 'sampling fan' for the heater which is located on the back of the unit. One day I'm going to take it out and lubricate the little rattler! :evil:

Hi,

Still there, not really had a lot of time to stick my head underneath and trace it. When I do I'll include pictures :)

Also occasionally get a squeak from the sampling fan, I think. Find if I turn the fan speed up and then down again it goes away. It's on my list to fix.

Thanks,

Remember having a very similar noise on my 1989 964 C4.........
Never did sort it out either.

Sorry - not much help - just a vote of sympathy LOL :?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back