Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Childseats again!

TimS

Spa-Francorchamps
Ok, now I know this has been done before as I remember seeing a thread about them before the site went down. However, I am struggling to remember makes and models. So if someone has one could you confirm the type.

I want to get a child seat (forward facing for a 2 year old and not a Porsche one) that will fit in the back of a 996 Cab, hopefully soon to arrive!

Seem to remember someone saying they had successfully fitted an Iseos seat. I'd ideally like to get one with Isofix points so that I can use it in my other car as well which has Isofix, but wonder if this will be too wide or prevent it from sitting well in the seat well. If anyone bought one, did you look at this, or merely get the type held in by the seat belt?

Thanks for any suggestions.

I sold Fuchs my M&P Pro-Tec which is a good seat and a perfect fit basewise in a 996 (unfortunately the top of the seat catches the roof rail in a Targa). Also believe people have used this in a 964, 993 and 997. M&P have stopped making them but they are still available for sale in a few places.

I wonder if it would catch on the roof of the cab then?

They are still shown for sale on the M & P website, so might go round and try to fit one when the car arrives.

Pretty sure someone here or elsewhere confirmed there was not an issue with the Cab. In the 996 Targa it only snags it my a couple of mm.

About to take delivery of a 996 cab, and wondered about the wind deflector and child seat combo - obviously no child in the seat when deflector is being used:)

Thoughts, sugestions, experiences?

Ta
iain

M&P Pro-Tec seats are still available from the Mamas and Papas store. Not sure of the difference in the roofline compared with a cab but it does fit in in the coupe.

However, I went for a Maxi Cosi Tobi with the rear seat base removed (only velcro holiding it in). The narrow base of the car seat suits the size of the rear seat. This seat also has the benefit of straps and buckles that release out of the way - very useful not having to fish for the buried straps from underneath a toddler while trying to reach into the back of the car

Give Mothercare a go - they fitted one carefully to mine and confirmed it was safe.

Thanks for advice.
Went to M&P purchased a Pro-tec - which they refused to fit as it was dripping slightly with rain.
Went from there to Mothercare who pronounced the Pro-tec "a dangerous fit" even fitting it themselves, so promptly tried everything that they had in stock.
Plumped for the Maxi Cosi Tobi which I bought from Glasgow Pram Centre - who have a button "I can find this cheaper", so saved over £30 from Mothercare price!

Cheers
iain

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back