Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

sport exhaust

Steve Wright

Spa-Francorchamps
Has anyone reversed the button so the sport exhaust is on all the time and you have to press the button to turn it off.

Steve Wright said:
Has anyone reversed the button so the sport exhaust is on all the time and you have to press the button to turn it off.

Hi Steve,

Yes, albeit on a 996. There's two ways 1) Modify the relay, there's plenty of instructions on the internet to do this 2) Remove the pink/grey wire going into the back of the relay board - this is the speedo feed.

When wiring up my PSE I didn't bother with this pink/grey wire.

Damian

Be sure to post if you find a definative answer - maybe ask on PCGB forum as a lot of 997ers there. you don't need to be a PCGB member to join the forum

I believe most people just do the uncorking thing..

Simply by removing the brown mutlipin connector on the top right of the engine...

garyw

garyw said:
I believe most people just do the uncorking thing..

Simply by removing the brown mutlipin connector on the top right of the engine...

garyw

Isn't really a solution if you have the switch, this method is ideal if you have one of the earlier PSEs without.

There's plenty of info. pictures etc out on the old internet showing you what to do.

Yes i agree would like the switch to be still used, but i cant find much on the internet about it.

Yup, the best solution would be to default to 'on' (loud) but capable of being switched 'off' (quiet) using the switch i.e. the exact reverse of the way that Porsche install it (funny that).

rob9974s said:
Yup, the best solution would be to default to 'on' (loud) but capable of being switched 'off' (quiet) using the switch i.e. the exact reverse of the way that Porsche install it (funny that).

Thats the way Aberdeen OPC installed my PSE. It defaults to loud so if i have an early start in the mornings, i have to remember to press the switch for quiet mode.

thats what we all want just need some where to sort it. Bolton says it cant be done

Sports Exhaust Newbie

As I am only a few weeks away from collecting my 997 c2s I thought I would get in the mood by watching YouTube clips when I came across the vid clip of the 997 c2s standard exhaust reversing out of his garage, followed by a repeat only with a sports exhaust, Oh my word, I nearly had a trouser fault :shock: it sounded the danglies, is there a cheap option to get the same sound? if not whats the best choice for value and awesome sounds? :D

Re: Sports Exhaust Newbie

Give us a link!!

Dave Bennett said:
As I am only a few weeks away from collecting my 997 c2s I thought I would get in the mood by watching YouTube clips when I came across the vid clip of the 997 c2s standard exhaust reversing out of his garage, followed by a repeat only with a sports exhaust, Oh my word, I nearly had a trouser fault :shock: it sounded the danglies, is there a cheap option to get the same sound? if not whats the best choice for value and awesome sounds? :D

YouTube 2 mins of standard sports exhaust

:twisted:

Watch this space, A tuner I know is fully aware of this 997 problem and is investigating the options available yet still making the exhaust switchable regardless of the speed.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back