Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3 CS or 996 GT3 RS

Jon987S

Hi,

My first post to this forum...I'm continuing my search for a 996 GT3 CS or even potentially a 996 GT3 RS. Just sold my 987S, so I know I'm in for a completely different drive !

I expect to do 90% road, 10% track use and would welcome views from current/previous owners as to which is better suited to this mix of driving. It won't be my daily driver and wondering if the GT3 RS is just too compromised for the road than the GT3 CS?

Also, whats the current view on the rate of depreciation between the 996 GT3 RS and 996 GT3 CS going forward.

Appreciate your views..........Cheers Jon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142260

The GT3 will be better for daily driving, but Poon uses hit RS everyday. So how many miles will you be doing?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142266

Seen as this is virtually gt3uk.com, all the GT3 boys will be along soon. Our very own mr Poon also has a GT3 RS. Best of luck with the search and let me know if I can be of assistance with any finance required.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142267

Thanks for the quick responses - looking to do 5k miles a year.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142268

you will hardly notice a difference on the road between any of the variants, the RS is the only one with the LWF and clutch and the suspension is more adjustable. If you can afford/find one go for an RS.

CS will be £8-10k cheaper than an equivalent mileage RS.

I had a Comfort and love my RS, road and track!

It also looks the korean meatballs!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142273

if you get a GT3 and like it, you will want the RS soon enough. So if you can afford it go for the RS in the first place.

Poon will love this post from one of the Speed yellow GT3 non RS brigade.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142290

Hi,

I have just bought a GT3 Clubsport, to do roughly 80% road and 20% track, I mainly went for the CS because I do use it for commuting about 3 days a week and it draws a lot less attention than the RS, plus the RS was just that little bit too expensive for me for a nice one. However as said above some do commute in them.

Also at my moderate level of driving I probably wouldnt notice the difference between the two, having said all that I still think the RS looks stunning!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142291

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 15 May 2007

you will hardly notice a difference on the road between any of the variants, the RS is the only one with the LWF
:cough: Mk1 GT3 CS has lwf

You're right about the driving though. The CS / RS interior makes little difference in the comfort stakes to its 'comfort' brother and does feel more racey. It's also much more acoustic with pings from the cage.

If I were you, I'd get an RS. As it happens I'm particularly happy with my Mk1 CS but they are all great cars and you buy the best one you can find. If I were looking for a GT3 just now i'd probably be after a good RS.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142294

now from left field,

I would get a comfort with buckets and cage, mainly because I wouldnt be able to live with the sparatan interior in an RS, it looks cheap and plasticy.

where as the full leather of a comfort is real class,

also you would have to be a very very very good wheel man to get more than a second a lap difference from the two on track,

however on extierior looks, poons does look really smart

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142295

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dunc on 15 May 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 15 May 2007you will hardly notice a difference on the road between any of the variants, the RS is the only one with the LWF
:cough: Mk1 GT3 CS has lwf
You're right about the driving though. The CS / RS interior makes little difference in the comfort stakes to its 'comfort' brother and does feel more racey. It's also much more acoustic with pings from the cage.
If I were you, I'd get an RS. As it happens I'm particularly happy with my Mk1 CS but they are all great cars and you buy the best one you can find. If I were looking for a GT3 just now i'd probably be after a good RS.
[/i:5rfGXMomCl]

Dunc, I know that, but as he was looking at potentially an RS I discounted the Mk1. But worth you clarifying in case he wants the Mk1.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142298

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 15 May 2007
now from left field,
I would get a comfort with buckets and cage, mainly because I wouldnt be able to live with the sparatan interior in an RS, it looks cheap and plasticy.
where as the full leather of a comfort is real class,
also you would have to be a very very very good wheel man to get more than a second a lap difference from the two on track,
however on extierior looks, poons does look really smart

Before I bought my RS I worried over the fact that the interior didn't have leather, carbon etc.

Having got the RS I love its minimilist race look, I got in my Comfort just before Damian picked it up and thought it looked too fussy, plus the nomex over the leather seats are superb for grip!

Agree on the exterior Daz :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142301

poon I wouldnt complain over either, what u think of me getting an RS spoiler?

chav or not?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142302

I know, I was being all anorak. I also assumed that if looking at an RS it would be a mk2 he was thinking of.

The original owner of my car had my mk1 CS, then a mk2 CS then an RS and said that the RS was the best (road and track) but the Mk1 was very close behind it and preffered to his mk2.

On a depreciation note, they all appear to have steadied up of late - with perhaps the mk2 having lost most recently. RS prices were on the way down but now seem stronger and mk1 prices fairly steady now too. Good examples of all commanding a slight premium.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142303

if you worry about depreciation then you havent purchased for the right reasons any way,

with regards the cars, it is so subjective, I have had a racing driver who owns, an RS come in my car and comment that it is a far superior car to his, both suspension set up and engine wise, it all depends on your car they can vary quite a bit.

All I know is that I love mine, as I am sure poon and you love yours, and there is not much that comes close,

thrash to bits then drive home

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142304

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jon987S on 15 May 2007

Hi,

My first post to this forum...I'm continuing my search for a 996 GT3 CS or even potentially a 996 GT3 RS. Just sold my 987S, so I know I'm in for a completely different drive !

I expect to do 90% road, 10% track use and would welcome views from current/previous owners as to which is better suited to this mix of driving. It won't be my daily driver and wondering if the GT3 RS is just too compromised for the road than the GT3 CS?

Also, whats the current view on the rate of depreciation between the 996 GT3 RS and 996 GT3 CS going forward.

Appreciate your views..........Cheers Jon

With so little track use do you really need an RS or a CS

I would say the CS then and from a 987 that 10% will turn into 50% quite soon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142331

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back