Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

difference 996 c2 . 996 c4 . 996c4s

voya pavlovic

Trainee
Hi,
New to the forum, and hopefully soon will own one of the above. But , appart from rwd and awd what other differences are there, including price. Also on the same age spec, same age car what are differences pricewise between lhd and rhd. Been offered 2002 c2 tip, with lots of toys but usa lhd for 28000, with only 27000mls on the clock and full porsche usa service history.

Opinions please.

Regards Voya

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141412

Too expensive IMO prices for RHD cars getting closer to 30k quickly

Tip less popular than manual, C4 has smaller luggage compartment, little real world difference between C2 and C4 C4S best looking of the bunch but not likely to be less than about 37k at present

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141427

917k thanks,

That was my gut feeling too. Saying that though trying to find nice tip coupe is proving harder then thought.

Regards Voya

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141473

Finding the good 996s is starting to get harder, a lot are used daily and not cherished like many of the 993s were. Therefore some searching may be required to find a really good example.

They are out there though - so keep searching.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141475

Yes,
Seems that way, went to see green one, but realised I couldn't live with the colour. Also for some reason I find front on 2002+ car lot more apealing. is there any difference between c4 and c4s appart from body styling ?
I think I'm gonna wait till c2 on 2002+ gets within a budget +-30k.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141479

Keep looking they are around any preference on colours?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141480

I don't think there is any engine differences between the C4 and C4S, just the different shell and the wider rear track.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141481

C4S is turbo body witout rear vents and wing, probably the best looking 996 (even more so than a TT)

And I believe C4S has turbo wheels and suspension (though wheels are solid as opposed to hollow)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141484

would preffer, black, dark blue, seal gray (dark gray?) in no particular order, inside black, tan but no gray. Tried white one in states, but luckily they are not available here.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141487

Hi,

Indeed the C4S is the best looking 996 :wink:
. Clarkson did a review on it when it came out and basically didn't get it!!! Over the C4 it has the Turbo body, suspension and brakes.

A nice piccy to sway your decision!!!! enjoy the hunt.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/CAVZL11E%20copy(1).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141518

Alan,
that car is not good for you, not good at all, its impractiacal and that colour, and those wheels and and and
well basically you should just hand me the keys and I'll do you a big favour and dispose of it for you. Make sure you leave log book in glove compartment just in case :D.

PS Car looks awesome, keep it for another year and a half and then sell it to me.

Regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141534

Alan, Hi - I am curious - my C4S has black skirts vs your Silver. Was that a Factory option or an aftermarket? Love it btw!.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Picture%20074(3).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141578

Ok,
wait was shorter then expected. Couple of people (with 911s) are questioning wisdom of going tiptronic? Is there anything fundamentaly flawed with the unit itself. I'm really not interested in 'you shouldn't have one on a sports car' type of responses. But if there is valid technical/financial reason not to have one, please bring them on.

Regards Voya

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141782

PErsonally I think they are great. They are harder to abuse, ie it is not possible to overrev a tiptronic. Also tips, don't suffer with RMSs as much as the manuals. In term of financial cost, they will be cheaper in the long run.

Technically the shift is a litlle slower than a manual (as long as you can change quickly), plus only having 5 gears mean that acceleration is a little slower, but not in the real world of driving. However, your average commute will be a lot easier in a tip.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141786

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cooper9000
Back