Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Engine wont start unless very cool

Geoffrey

Now I've introduced myself I feel I can dive in and ask for some advice.I've done a search on starting from hot, and have a few helpful pointers, but my problem is slightly different.

1988 911 Turbo 3.3Had the car for about 1000 miles since engine rebuild, on my way back from the service, stuck in very slow traffic for about an hour.Engine temp gets to just below the red line and cuts out - although I may have stalled it. Try to restart and nothing, the pump is pumping, but the starter isn't making a sound.Leave it for 45 minutes, temp drops to very near the bottom of the gauge, and bang there she goes, starting perfectly.I make it home, leave her running for a coupe of minutes, turn her off, and then try again - nothing, lights, pump, radio all fine, starter - no sound, not even clicking....

It's going back to the garage, who offered to pick me up by the way (Tower Porsche). I've read to have the accumulator checked, and the relay under the seats, but I have no starter noise at all......

Could there be a wire that is getting warm, and moving away from somewhere, or is there a heat sensitive trip that needs replacing?Would a fuel pressure vacuum stop the start from turning?

Thanks in advance guys for any help/ideas.

Geoff

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140687

do you know if the 930 has DME ignition?

if so its possibly needing a new DME relay(£20)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140714

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back