Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I drove a 996TT

Elite Detailing

Singapore
To some it may be nothing special and to be frank I do get to drive some real exotic machinery. However it's normally a case of moving them a few metres etc. This time I drove dave's 996TT. Bearing in mind Im used to 75bhp in the van it was quite an experience.

I first took it easy until we reached an open road and then I planted it. I couldn't believe how quick I had to keep changing gear, the surge in the power was incredible and the way the cars infront virtually instantly are right in front of you. The best bit is that you feel completley safe and very planted. No drama, just serious ground coverage. All the way through the gears it just kept going. I think with this kind of vehicle, you really do need a lot of space as it basically cries for more and teases you into planting your foot.

I like this motor, alot. Although I can also see why the boys go for GT3's etc as with the TT, I think it gets you to A-B extremely fast, silly fat without the drama that a GT3 may give you.

A serious motor I think and alot of car for the money.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139320

Good on ya G!.......sounds like you had some serious fun!..... :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139324

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Elite Detailing on 06 May 2007
To some it may be nothing special and to be frank I do get to drive some real exotic machinery. However it's normally a case of moving them a few metres etc.  This time I drove dave's 996TT.  Bearing in mind Im used to 75bhp in the van it was quite an experience.
I first took it easy until we reached an open road and then I planted it. I couldn't believe how quick I had to keep changing gear, the surge in the power was incredible  and the way the cars infront virtually instantly are right in front of you.  The best bit is that you feel completley safe and very planted.  No drama, just serious ground coverage.  All the way through the gears it just kept going.  I think with this kind of vehicle, you really do need a lot of space as it basically cries for more and teases you into planting your foot.
I like this motor, alot.  Although I can also see why the boys go for GT3's etc as with the TT, I think it gets you to A-B extremely fast, silly fat  without the drama that a GT3 may give you.
A serious motor I think and alot of car for the money.

Good summary G, have you driven a GT3 yet?

The TT is an awesome car without a doubt, but just lacks the buzz a GT3 gives. As a 2nd or 3rd car it's GT3 all the way, but main car it would have to be a TT. One day I'll get that TT Cab Tip to compliment the GT3 :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139325

Lucky you. I am gagging for a TT but still never been in one...soon though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139330

Good on Dave for sharing the joy!

Good summary of the car- I'd be terrified of driving a TT in case it spoils the 4S for me!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139331

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 06 May 2007

Dave, you're brave than I thought !

Steady on Admin, before I gave it some I waited for the go ahead from Dave. I also drove Scotty's C2 with the roof up. It too was a great drive and a good starter before the main course.

Rob, I haven't driven a GT3 as yet. :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139332

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Elite Detailing on 06 May 2007

I also drove Scotty's C2 with the roof up.
Roof down would have been brave !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139343

G, I also drove a TT and then drove a MK1 GT3 and I love the way the TT covers ground so quickly but the GT3 engine sound is something else.
Last week went in a GT2 (996), what a car, I thought it may be quick but wasn't ready for what it delivered. It was absolutely awesome and by far the quickest car I've been in - a real bike chaser. Went down the M4 juction 9 -> 7&8 and passed two other 996's perhaps they were from here, I went passed in a black GT2.

BTW G - well done!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139355

Hi guys,

Lot of talk about GT3 V's tt -

Experience of a GT2 anyone ? I see there's one for sale at Paragon.

What's the difference on the road ?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139470

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Elite Detailing on 06 May 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Sundeep on 06 May 2007

Dave, you're brave than I thought !

Steady on Admin, before I gave it some I waited for the go ahead from Dave. I also drove Scotty's C2 with the roof up. It too was a great drive and a good starter before the main course.

Rob, I haven't driven a GT3 as yet. :wink:
Roof down next time G!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139477

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob STEW on 07 May 2007

Hi guys,Lot of talk about GT3 V's tt - Experience of a GT2 anyone ? I see there's one for sale at Paragon.What's the difference on the road ?

Dont think anyone on herse got one, have they?

A number of owners on PH and one whos gone from att to aGT2 in the last couple of weeks.

GT2 gets nothing but rave reviews from what I've seen

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139480

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 917k on 07 May 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob STEW on 07 May 2007Hi guys,

Lot of talk about GT3 V's tt -

Experience of a GT2 anyone ? I see there's one for sale at Paragon.

What's the difference on the road ?

Dont think anyone on herse got one, have they?
A number of owners on PH and one whos gone from att to aGT2 in the last couple of weeks.
GT2 gets nothing but rave reviews from what I've seen

There are a couple of guys on here with them Hog & welsh nobby I think.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139483

Rob Stew, I went in a GT2 last week and what an experience, I'm hopefully going to be buying the one I looked at last week. The power of the engine is just astounding even compared to a TT, it went from 0-135 in a matter of seconds it seemed.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139511

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by vin_r1 on 07 May 2007

Rob Stew, I went in a GT2 last week and what an experience, I'm hopefully going to be buying the one I looked at last week. The power of the engine is just astounding even compared to a TT, it went from 0-135 in a matter of seconds it seemed.

What colour was it Rav? Please say black.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139513

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back