Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Major Service

uuf361

Daytona
So my car went in yesterady (after G had worked his magic) for a major service, brake fluid, MoT and some warranty work.

They were very good and did not wash the car as I had requested (didn't want to spoil all the hard work from the day before).

All the items that had gone wrong (Hi-Tone Horn, Cab roof not coming ddown with keys and dodgy illumination on the instrument cluster which is apparentlly a common 911 fault) all covered under my extended warranty. So even though I bought the warranty in case the engine let go, the things that have needed work in the last year have cost just over £1K so have saved myself some money.

Major service, MoT (which it passed first time :lol: ), brake fluid change and warranty renewal all for £1,442.....which I think is great value overall (esp when warranty is now £895!)

Overall, very impressed!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138947

895 Warranty, 532 Service 113 Brake Fuild

£1540 all in at Menu pricing, so I'd say you did rather well, or your OPC cant add up :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138960

I went the Indie route - Pro-Max Motorsport and for £817 got a major service, new plugs, new coils, new brake fluid, full geo. and they fitted the rear GT3 suspension that I bought from Ade, and then took it all off again as they discovered you can't fit the fronts on a C4!!! (Anyone with a C2 want GT3 suspension?)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138977

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Wattie on 05 May 2007

I went the Indie route - Pro-Max Motorsport and for £817 got a major service, new plugs, new coils, new brake fluid, full geo. and they fitted the rear GT3 suspension that I bought from Ade, and then took it all off again as they discovered you can't fit the fronts on a C4!!! (Anyone with a C2 want GT3 suspension?)

How were they?

I recall Andrew Sweetenham being well respected in the 944 world a few years ago but tney seem to have expanded a deal recently, menu pricing appears amazingly good value

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138981

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 917k on 05 May 2007

895 Warranty, 532 Service 113 Brake Fuild

£1540 all in at Menu pricing, so I'd say you did rather well, or your OPC cant add up :)
Just worked it out and think there was something wrong when they did the invoice. Was quoted £582 but only charged £332!

Plus included in my £1,442 is a touch up stick, two mugs and the MoT price :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138983

Scott you got away very lightly there. My minor service is next week and that costs £327.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139113

Scott - which OPC was that? I'm going there now!

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139116

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxie Islam on 06 May 2007

Scott - which OPC was that? I'm going there now!

~ Maxie
Without naming them (in case there is some way they can catch up with me!) it's the one nearest Chavely (between here and the South Coast!)..........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139131

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by uuf361 on 05 May 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 917k on 05 May 2007895 Warranty, 532 Service 113 Brake Fuild

Just worked it out and think there was something wrong when they did the invoice. Was quoted £582 but only charged £332!
Plus included in my £1,442 is a touch up stick, two mugs and the MoT price :D

[/i:dCpZ2Ql1bx]

Tell us about the mugs Scotty!! Whats that all about

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139133

uuf361,I'm having the same problem with illumination of the instrument cluster..you mentioned...

'dodgy illumination on the instrument cluster which is apparentlly a common 911 fault) all covered under my extended warranty.'

do you know how they fixed it? When I called West London OPC,they said they couldn't tell me if it would be covered under warranty until they investigated...basically 1hrs labour - so if its not covered I end up with a bill for £135+ VAT per hour. Any help appreciated...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139254

Adit, TBH I am not sure what they did and bcos it was a warranty claim I do not have the invoice for it!

If yours has the same symptoms as mine, e.g. no number plate illumination and when you turn the lights on, they function but the dashboard illumination comes on some 3-5 mins later then it would sound like an identical problem and mine was covered under the warranty.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but after the words, it's fixed and under warranty I sort of swicthed off!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139257

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 917k on 05 May 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Wattie on 05 May 2007

How were they?

I recall Andrew Sweetenham being well respected in the 944 world a few years ago but tney seem to have expanded a deal recently, menu pricing appears amazingly good value
I'm actually really impressed with them... Feels like a new car now!

Service was fantastic - they're quite local so picked the car up, phoned when it was in to check through the work required (I was working away on the day), phoned every time they found anything new to report and gave a considered opinion on each job, knocked a few quid off after fitting the rear suspension and discovering the fronts wouldn't go (not their fault), and returned the car to me gleaming. I even had a technician run through the invoice and all the work with me - on a Saturday lunchtime!

Oh yes, and SHOCK HORROR... They repaired something (instead of fitting a new £600 part)!

The best thing of all is that I got the impression they are real enthusiasts :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139380

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back