Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sebro discs & Textar pads?

wagonface

Barcelona
After 4 new tyres and a new clutch in the past 2mths, I need to save some cash for now. I need new discs and brakes all round.

I saw complete Sebro/Textar packages on design911 for c.350 for all 4 corners, which I think is half the cost of OPC parts.

1) Does anyone have any experience of Sebro/Textar? performance, durability?2) Would they invalidate my OPC warranty?

Thanks, Josh

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138410

I had sebro discs on my 993- they were excellent, do different as far as I could tell to OE, in fact I think they are one of the OE manufacturers. The hubs might not be painted, but half an hour and a tin of hammerite will soon fix that.

I need new brakes on mine, and will get Sebro again. Can't speak for the textar pads.

Surely the brakes aren't covered by the warranty, so I can't see how fitting a non OE bit would make any difference to the rest of the cover, but I dunno...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138413

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by wagonface on 03 May 2007
After 4 new tyres and a new clutch in the past 2mths, I need to save some cash for now. I need new discs and brakes all round.
I saw complete Sebro/Textar packages on design911 for c.350 for all 4 corners, which I think is half the cost of OPC parts.
1) Does anyone have any experience of Sebro/Textar? performance, durability?
2) Would they invalidate my OPC warranty?
Thanks, Josh

Textar pads are Porsche OEM.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138415

Thanks - any views on how much I should pay an Indy to fit discs & pads if I supply them?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138438

About 3 hours labour for all 4 I'd say.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138465

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stoker
Back