Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Leak??

AdrianGraham2007

Hi there,

Well, I fear I may have my first oil leak, but I call on you experts to let me know if it's in a common area or not etc! Photos at:

http://www.photobox.ie/album/5498271

I put cardboard down last night under the car to see if there were any leaks, and to my heart ache... there is.... it's on the drivers side, just ahead of the back wheel where the 2 sills meet. The photo shows exactly where it is. The leakage in the photo is when I parked at 9pm last night until 9am this morning... so 12 hours worth.

What do you guys and gals think?

Thanks,

Adrian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138031

I had a similar drip which came from a leak where the oil pipe from the filter console (which runs inside the wheel arch) goes in to the oil thermostat housing. As it got no worse I just left it for about 12 months until the thermostat stuck closed and I had to replace the whole lot anyway! You can easily check the source of the leak by removing the shark's fin.
Best of luck
Mike.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139584

I had a similar leak before my last service - it was a pinhole in the oil pipe which runs to the front oil cooler.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139591

looks like the 2nd filer position, 'hopefully' it's just a leaking filter

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139621

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back