Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Another new GT3 owner!

Ian_km

Hi,

Second post here (first is over on the finance forum, thanks jamie!), been lurking for a few months, doing research on the likely pitfalls of buying a GT3.

eventually settled on a late 2004 Mk2 Clubsport in Midnight Blue, I know there seems to be a concensus to go yellow or red, but I like the more subtle blue approach!

Nice spec with a/c, litronics, leather wheel and dash, coloured console, PCCBs (keeping an eye on them mind you) as well as the usual clubsport seats and cage etc.

Sold my Elise 111R private and collected the GT3 at lunchtime today from Bristol OPC. Fantastic weather for a drive back round the motorway and a bit of a blast once I'd left the M1 for home, awesome bit of kit, sounds beautiful, but does follow cambers a lot, do they all do this? or do I need a geo?

Anyway, pictures to follow once I learn how to post them here and thanks for all the info available here!

Ian.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137566

Welcome to the club, we'll be able to have our own little Thames Valley GT3 meet at this rate...yes they do tend to follow cambers much more than other cars. So shouldn't be a problem.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137571

sounds very nice indeed, post some pics and welcome :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137574

You have now been welcomed by 1 red and 2 yellow GT3'ers

Enjoy your new car - you will love it !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137577

GT3s are just soooo common! :wink:

Nice to see a blue one, it's not the one Dan was looking at was it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137585

Welcome Ian

That Jamie G, he aint bad at all !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137592

welcome to the club

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137598

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by poon on 30 April 2007
welcome to the club
Are you still part of the club or do you have your own little branch? :p

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137600

Hi Ian,

Welcome aboard the club. You will find the 3 alot more skitish the other II's. Also a full tank you juice will keep the front end planted. Enjoy..........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137607

Welcome Ian! Congrats!

GT3s do follow cambers more than other 911s, but it's likely that your car has a semi-trackday geo setup if it follows quite hard. I would recommend getting the car geo'd so you can enjoy and learn the car from the beginning knowing it's setup correctly.

And pics!
:)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137609

WP0ZZZ99Z5S690098_1.jpg

WP0ZZZ99Z5S690098_2.jpg

Cheers, just the dealer pictures for the minute, will get round to some more when I wash all the flies off.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137618

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 30 April 2007
GT3s are just soooo common! :wink:

Nice to see a blue one, it's not the one Dan was looking at was it?
I dont think it's the one Dan looked at, that might have been Cobalt I think.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137619

wow that looks really stunning,

very nice colour indeed

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137622

Ooh, I like that. Class and function.

Welcome and welcome to both the forum and the 3 club. There must be easy 20+ on here now, great!

Watch those ceramics for track use - best to whip them off early and get some steels on as track use will kill them quick. Apparently fine on road though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137625

Welcome Ian,

Very nice.. I looked at a vehicle the same colour from OPC Bournemouth..

Wecome to the Club.. We must have the most GT3's on any fourm !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137637

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back