Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Latch on the centre box

SeanD

Suzuka
Anyone know if it has any adjustment? I am fed up having to slam mine to make it latch, or walk away from the car and press the button to find it honking at me to tell me it has yet again not shut properly. I have had a brief look at the mechanism but all I have worked out is that the catch/sensor is very sharp as I cut my finger on it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137510

It's a micro switch with a lever on it, this lever is thin metal about 2cm x 0.3cm, with the odd bend in it. The only way to get at this is by following the instructions to remove the centre console.

What usual happens, I've had it happen twice, is this switch breaks off and moves slightly out of position.

Follow the instructions here:

B&M Short Shift installation instructions

Damian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137528

Thanks for that.

My issue is more with the mechanical latch rather than teh sensor (except the cut it created on my finger). I may see if I can get it looked at under the warranty as I do not want to go removing the centre console.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137601

cheers Damain, I'll have to look at that as well, as the never closing arm rest drives me mad as well !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137603

Mine too!

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137689

Can you buy replacement tops as my dog has been standing on mine........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137851

iam sure you could buy replacement part at a cost.... best to loose the hound!

mine also pops up each time i put my near it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137971

I remnoved mine when I installed the short shift. Chances are, you'll break the plastic bracket for it when you remove the centre console anyway.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137977

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 01 May 2007
I remnoved mine when I installed the short shift. Chances are, you'll break the plastic bracket for it when you remove the centre console anyway.

But you wouldn't break if you were installing a SSK again now would you?

I have to admit, my micro-switch holder did get broken when I installed mine :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138251

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by damianc4s on 02 May 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Seagull on 01 May 2007

But you wouldn't break if you were installing a SSK again now would you? I have to admit, my micro-switch holder did get broken when I installed mine :wink:
That makes me feel much better Damian. The microswitch now resides in the door bin.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 138255

Is the hinge on the the stowage compartment lid an easy fix or do you have to buy a new centre console :(

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139005

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by stats007 on 05 May 2007
Is the hinge on the the stowage compartment lid an easy fix or do you have to buy a new centre console :(

You can pick up a replacement hinge (some Boxsters and Carreras don't have the uprated hinge) from you local OPC. Or check out this:

Look midway down the page

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139022

Thanks - may swap to a silver console anyway but will give this a go in the meantime.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 139123

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back