Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 value

Magny-Cours
Just some info for the GT3 owners out there

A 53 plate GT3 in red with buckets 19k miles and lux pack was today traded at my local Audi dealer for an RS4

Dealer gave 45k as part x value

Car has already been traded to Paragon (dont know if they made a few k or not though)

How much is it likely to be up for at Paragon??

And are you happy with that sort of vauluation? (sounds like adecent price to me, the RS4 was about 57k)

I was hoping to get drive as I did in the RS4 afew days ago but it was in and out soo fast I never had an opportunity

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136757

Paragon will mark that up at £53,995 ! 53/ GT3 !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136760

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 27 April 2007

Sounds bloody good to me then.....only 5k less than I paid for mine 19 months ago...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136761

sounds about right for a trade in price, retail is a different matter

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136763

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 27 April 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 27 April 2007

Sounds bloody good to me then.....only 5k less than I paid for mine 19 months ago...
I would think so.. They had a 52/ 2003 with 16,000 @£52,995 !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136764

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob J on 27 April 2007

Previous poster said:

Staff at the dealers can buy 1 car a year at the buy in cost as a kind of bonus, I think I would have been buying it, running it for 6 months and still selling at a profit

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136765

I dont think you could have made much of a profit, as these cars are difficult to sell private, they mostly (not all) sell through dealers or indies,

shame though

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136770

The real question is how much the Audi dealer was making on the RS4...

Even if Paragon pay only £42k for the GT3 from Audi (Audi take hit of £3k), the Audi dealer is probably still quids in because of the much bigger margin on the new car...

And I wonder if the new RS4 owner is financing the Audi?

Will be interesting to see what the real price Paragon paid for the car... they will probably ensure a minimum £5-6k margin before their sale price.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136786

No.. When we take something upto six months old or odd ball, we have it underwritten.. This will show on the order form and the SIV (stand in vaule) will be what the buying dealer (paragon in this case) will be paying for it. (this also save the dealer vat)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136789

Previous poster said:

No.. When we take something upto six months old or odd ball, we have it underwritten.. This will show on the order form and the SIV (stand in vaule) will be what the buying dealer (paragon in this case) will be paying for it. (this also save the dealer vat)
Daniel

I dont quite get it.

Does that mean that Paragon are likely to pay less, same or more than the audi dealer gave.

I can see audi keen on a sale due to their margin so could take a little less as they would be keen to move it on, not being a car they will want at all.

Rich

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136791

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 27 April 2007

Will be interesting to see what the real price Paragon paid for the car... they will probably ensure a minimum £5-6k margin before their sale price.

I'm trying to find that out

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136792

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 27 April 2007

Previous poster said:

Daniel

I dont quite get it.

Does that mean that Paragon are likely to pay less, same or more than the audi dealer gave.

I can see audi keen on a sale due to their margin so could take a little less as they would be keen to move it on, not being a car they will want at all.

Rich
Paragon would have paid what the Audi dealer would have paid for it... £45k

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136798

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 27 April 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 27 April 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 27 April 2007 No.. When we take something upto six months old or odd ball, we have it underwritten.. This will show on the order form and the SIV (stand in vaule) will be what the buying dealer (paragon in this case) will be paying for it. (this also save the dealer vat)
Daniel
I dont quite get it.
Rich
Paragon would have paid what the Audi dealer would have paid for it... £45k[/i:cYKlDuFYTL]

Unless Audi have an agreed price with Paragon? Why should the underwriter care as long as they have an agreed trade back-to-back?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136810

Previous poster said:
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by richardofengland on 27 April 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 27 April 2007 No.. When we take something upto six months old or odd ball, we have it underwritten.. This will show on the order form and the SIV (stand in vaule) will be what the buying dealer (paragon in this case) will be paying for it. (this also save the dealer vat)
Daniel
I dont quite get it.
Rich
Paragon would have paid what the Audi dealer would have paid for it... £45k[/i:CiviTAXJ6V]

Exactly! The same way if Paragon had an Audi in on a part-ex. A serious case of back-scratching with these car dealers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136825

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back