Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sports Exhaust

tony butterworth

I'm thinking about changing my PSE to an after market system (Miltek or Cargraphic perhaps) and wondered whether the PSE could be sold on and how much it would be worth - it would be coming off an 02 C4. Any ideas?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135888

I think someone would definately buy it. Can't remember how much the exhaust is to buy on it's own (ie without the switch). I'm sure you would get at least £400 for it though! In fact someone would probably bite your arm off at that price.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135898

Just looked and the mufflers are £1000 from Carnewal. Worth asking an OPC what they would charge, as fully fitted with a switch is only £1500.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135900

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 25 April 2007
I think someone would definately buy it. Can't remember how much the exhaust is to buy on it's own (ie without the switch). I'm sure you would get at least £400 for it though! In fact someone would probably bite your arm off at that price.

I picked up a PSE for my C4S on eBay, obviously nobody had any idea at the time (3 years ago) what a PSE was, I got it for £250 including all brackets and actuator cables. The switch/electrics came later €180 from Carnewal.

So at £400 you'll definitely have several people biting your hand off! Come to think of it, I could fit it to my GT3 and fit another switch :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136118

I just bought 2 standard exhausts on ebay for £50 Plan to make as per the Germany ones on ebay StSt bits £20 plus weldiing £10 - Sports exhaust for under £100.. ....!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136740

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob STEW on 27 April 2007

I just bought 2 standard exhausts on ebay for £50 Plan to make as per the Germany ones on ebay StSt bits £20 plus weldiing £10 - Sports exhaust for under £100.. ....!
Rob, I did the same,

and tbh, the outcome is not in the same league as the one you can buy off ebay for £250

they must change the inside as well, as the noise on my C4S was fab with the ebay one, however the one I changed myself, just hasnt had much of an effect tbh

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136752

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 27 April 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Rob STEW on 27 April 2007

Rob, I did the same,

and tbh, the outcome is not in the same league as the one you can buy off ebay for £250

they must change the inside as well, as the noise on my C4S was fab with the ebay one, however the one I changed myself, just hasnt had much of an effect tbh
Gert definately does something to the insde, I didn't realise how much until I weighed them and the modded ones were about 3kg less each. No wonder they sound better!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 136870

Tony, I'd be interested in your PSE if you decide to sell it. I'm not to far away so it could help with the logistics etc.

Please let me know if you want to offload it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137107

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by tony butterworth on 25 April 2007

I'm thinking about changing my PSE to an after market system (Miltek or Cargraphic perhaps) and wondered whether the PSE could be sold on and how much it would be worth - it would be coming off an 02 C4. Any ideas?
I would be up for it as well... As long as it would go on a GT3 !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137108

Rob, I did the same,

---- Interesting.. I'd bought the German ones ones also.. (Presume you meant Autodienst) should have been fitted Friday but OPC ran out of brackets !! Perhaps they just 'poke' a hole in the diveder plate (If you look at the FABSPEED video it shows the internals?

I'll investigate further !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137168

I have the autodeinst ones on mine... 300 quid delivered, good condition units, all clean and sandblasted - awsome sound...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137177

These £300 sports exhaust's.. what sort of db's they putting out ?? I would not want to not get on a track...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137184

Not sure but there has been several discussions about DB levels on static and drive by at different tracks ?

Try the track section

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137203

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 29 April 2007
These £300 sports exhaust's.. what sort of db's they putting out ?? I would not want to not get on a track...

I'm guessing based on a standard PSE kicking out 98dB and 104dB (on a standard 996) that these 'sports' exhausts are upwards of 104dB.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 137206

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back