Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Camera Install

Alex Bartman

Dont suppsoe anyone has installed a rear view camera to an aftermarket sat nave unit -would love to know where the camera should go - and hopw the wires get from the back bumper to the head unit.....

thanks

Alex

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134768

Camera - on the parcel shelf, in the middle, at the base of the rear window? Or at the top of the rear window in the middle with the wiring under the headlining. Just a guess.

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134784

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Alex Bartman on 22 April 2007

and hopw the wires get from the back bumper to the head unit.....
If you find that one out please let me know. Good luck.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134786

Didn't understand.....if the camera is by the rear window, why does the back bumper come into question?

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134802

I want to mount the camera ont he rear bumper and need to find a way toroute the cable through the engine bay and into the cabin...any ideas anyone? Forgot to mention - its on a 1999 C4 cab...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135306

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Maxie Islam on 22 April 2007

Didn't understand.....if the camera is by the rear window, why does the back bumper come into question?

~ Maxie

the camera needs to be mounted at the furthest point, theres no point putting it in the rear window (and you dont want it on display anyway). BMWs usually have them mounted in the centre boot badge, I guess on a911 it would need to be drilled into the rear bumper or behind the licence plate? if possible.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135311

917k - you're right; drilling is the only way to go if you want it in the rear bumper. My suggestion was a non-drilling alternative with perhaps the camera (by the rear window) angled downwards so it would be able to view the rear part of the car. It's a little less messy and a completely reversible mod.

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135327

I'm considering mounting by the number plate in the recess, on the left side of the no plate as you look at the back of the car - the only concern is that that the camera wont be able to see around the recess (to its right side - which is where the bigegst blind spot is anyway - guess I'll have to blue tack it in place to see before any drilling is done. The other alternative is next to one of the parking sensors which are pretty huge and ugly to start with!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 135466

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back