Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Firewall

Alex Bartman

Hi

Help please!!!

Im in the process of fitting a new stereo - the previous unit ran from the centre consol to the amp in the luggage area at the front....whilst removing the old wires I have broken the grommet that seemed to be sealed with mastic in the firewall behind the battery. I need to keep the amp wires in place and so can get another rubber grommet - how can I best seal up that hole - Im worried about water getting in - does anyone know of a hard setting putty that i could mould around the wires and seal up the gap - was going to use my daughters pay-doh - but not sure that will work!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134761

tiger seal is what you need.....available from most motor factors, but not halfrauds...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134772

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Max V
Back