Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Spoiler Height

rog the dodge

I'm looking to buy...a 996 gt3 comfort MKII, and have tried everywhere unsuccesfully to get the ground clearance of the front spoiler to see if it will go up the drive - can you guys help please!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134372

I don't know about the MK2 but my MK1 is 3.5 inches at the front.. Every speed hump, and pulling out of some fuel stations she will ground !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134376

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by rog the dodge on 20 April 2007

I'm looking to buy...a 996 gt3 comfort MKII, and have tried everywhere unsuccesfully to get the ground clearance of the front spoiler to see if it will go up the drive - can you guys help please!
rog, you are not alone

mine Gt3 Mk II has been lowered even further and I have am evil dip between the drip and road, as well and rock solid suspension like you could not believe....

entry to drive can only be done from 1 side turning in at least a 75 degree angle to leverage the corner around and thus creating ride height...

exit, I have to reverse out using the same process, turning out at a 75+ degree angle

also slow and steady, as I can

works, not ideal and rather slow but my front splitter is intact

the drive way angle was a major concern when I bought, but dont let it put you off

I hope that helps, and tell us more about your potential purchase

regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134379

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back