Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

calling all hairdressers

Tim Storey

tee hee, couldn't resist. :)

Cabriolet owners, you know the two holes, well practically wells, that are left when you take the hard top off (where the spigots screw into). Is there a filler for those or do they gape in an unsightly way?

If there's no genuine porsche part to fill the holes i might put some ribbons in there so they blow in the wind.... :)

thanks in advance

Tim

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133425

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Tim Storey on 17 April 2007

tee hee, couldn't resist. :)

Cabriolet owners, you know the two holes, well practically wells, that are left when you take the hard top off (where the spigots screw into). Is there a filler for those or do they gape in an unsightly way?

If there's no genuine porsche part to fill the holes i might put some ribbons in there so they blow in the wind.... :)

thanks in advance

Tim
Most Cab owners only know 1 !!

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133426

There are Porsche colour coded tabs to fit these holes. Problem is they fly out. I lost mine on the autobahn in Germany.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133433

Still got mine. I obviously don't drive fast enough.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133435

Why does the word "spigot" always remind me of Mr Bean?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133438

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 17 April 2007

Still got mine. I obviously don't drive fast enough.
260 kph did the trick! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133445

whats the part number for Porsche ribbons anyone?

spigot's a good word, like flange, moist, gusset and pork. not entirely unrelated if you like innuendo either...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133446

Mine flew off at Bedford and I dropped the other one into the hood workings - havent heard it crunch yet. They look a different colour to the fabric once you put them in, dunno why (and no, its not cos I use blue ones with my black hood!)

Does this mean you actually use your hard top? What for? My cab has two settings: winter - soft top down, heating on full blast, nice woolly coat / summer - soft top down, air con on full blast, nice string vest.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133448

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by wagonface on 17 April 2007

Does this mean you actually use your hard top? What for? My cab has two settings: winter - soft top down, heating on full blast, nice woolly coat / summer - soft top down, air con on full blast, nice string vest.
Yep - mine goes on every winter. The cold is not good for the hood. Plus the sound insulation is better.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133450

ours came with the hard top on and there's not been the weather up till now to take it off...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133460

all hairdressers present and correct !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133537

I bought 2 replacement 'plugs' for mine from an OPC-about £4 each

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133539

Very flash. The only hard top supplied for my 911 is the garage !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133543

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back