Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche 996 Millenium C4 Coupe

Rory Munro-faure

hi.

I am looking into purchasing one of these beautiful millenium edition 996s but on parkers automotive guides they say both manual and tiptronic only manage about 12 MPG but all the other 996 porches average about 20-26 MPG,even the four wheel drive ones and i cant find any other websites that might say otherwise. it has done about 34,000 miles and i a fourwheel drive job and am wondering if anybod has had problems with these before.

i have also been told that there are only about 50 in the uk and ws wondering if that point had any truth. i know that porsche only made 911 of them.

any help would be much appreciated

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133312

Rory - you will definately get 25-30 mpg out of the 911 - so no worry there. I haven't heard of any major problems with this model, although getting any of it re-sprayed will be expensive, because of the paint used.

At a guess, I would 50 wouldn't be far off the mark.

Hope that helps,

Chris

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133344

hey thanks very much for the helpful advice..

good to hear about the economy i was wondering how having all the optional extras could half the fuel economy whilst having the same engine and 0-60 times ect..

i have seen one for sale for around £30,000 would you say this is a fair price..

i have also heard to avoid 911s from 20,000-30,000 miles as apparently this is usually the peroid in which engine faults manifest themselves. i know the car has done more than 30k miles but even so i have seen another one with 50K miles, the GT3 bodykit and a tiptronic gearbox (i would preafer the manual though) on for a similar price.

thanks alot

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133375

I would think you'll find these quite hard to sell on - the interior is definitely an acquired taste.

Depending on mileage condition etc I would think £28k more appropriate.

As an example there's one
here
for sale.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133386

There was another thread on Millenium prices a couple of weeks ago, probably worth doing a search in the 996 section. They have a good spec and that price only sounds a bit high. But would depend on if it has OPC warranty.

On the 34K miles - shouldn't be a problem. The engines can go at any time, just check the car has not been sitting around for a long period of time lately. ie if no miles done for the last year, then the engine would more likely have a problem, because of being clogged up (technical term!).

Tiptronic gearbox is good (especially for the lazy like me) and is worth a try. But if you want a manual then I would stick to your guns as there are lots of 996s about.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133389

I've got a millenium....it has 92k on the clock and is still running strong (touch wood).... I got back from le mans yesterday...why? because I could :0) 820miles return trip and what a joy to drive. The photos of the interior don't do them justice, but as stats007 says it is an aquired taste....wood is a sports car usually isn't the 'cool' thing. Town driving I get 18mpg... on this trip I averaged 23mpg.

Colour is amazing but respraying is going to be a nightmare - dealer said so himself when I was looking at it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133514

Rory, I have been in touch with someone selling a 34k Millennium north of London a few weeks ago. If it's the same one (still being sold privatel, rather than through a dealer) he will accept a lot less than £30k.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133528

Thanks for the huge response which was much more rapid than i anticipated.
Thanks also for the general info and also reminding me that the special paint will cost alot to repair if it got scratched which i had not thought of.
In my opinion it is the interior that makes this car so nice as it is much nicer than the standard grey but i suppose everyman to his own. also nice to hear from an actual owner.. hope u had fun at the le mans!

Yes Bubbles it is the same one in north london. just wondering how much less than 30K he was saying! (if thats a little cheeky)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133536

Take the advice and find the last thread on the milleniums. There is one lurking on Autotrader that is not a Milenium edition. Neither have I heard of any with a bodykit althought that doesn't mean much ... but it does seem and odd choice for a special edition.

Personally I was of the opinion that £30K for one would seem fair but with face lifted versions in the early £30's, I'd suppose a Milenium would not seem very good value then (the face-lift having an improved interior anyway and the 3.6 engine.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133548

On a dual carriage way and motorway run a 911 will easily do 24mpg+

in town it will be low but remember it's a 3.6 litre performance engine

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133556

I spoke to the guy a number of times, he has been offered £26k as a px so told me he would have accepted £26.5k. He recently had it serviced at Porsche Hatfield who I also spoke to, seems to be ok, not many miles in the last few years though. I have lots of pictures from when it was on ebay in March which look good. Apparently there are the odd exterior wheel scuff (a problem repairing as the wheels are chromed) and scratches near the door handle. Interior is apparently immaculate. HTH.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133584

driving to le mans was alot of fun...my 911 with a 3200GT...

as Bubbles said... beware of the wheels, the ones on my car were a state and the dealer tried hard to find a place willing to do them. I paid a little more than he is willing to take and mine has 92k on it....prices dropped just after I bought it...but I'm still enjoying it and its alot more practical than I thought.

There was one on ebay last week... didn't save it in 'my ebay' though

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133601

Do a UK google on 'Porsche Millennium', it's on ebay for £25k or buy it now for £27.5k and autotrader for £28k.

I am picking up my Millennium in the next week or so, can't wait to get all the formalities sorted and get driving.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133603

Sorry, exchange & mart, not autotrader.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133604

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Bubbles on 17 April 2007

Interior is apparently immaculate. HTH.
but the colour !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133642

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member