Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New 997 TT - Newbie MarkM

Jamie_G

Mark,

Welcome aboard Mark, good to see you on-line. You'll find us a friendly bunch!

Do you want to share what you are buying / quick intro??

Cheers

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132958

Thanks Jamie for the warm welcome

Currently own a M6 but have started to have sleepness nights over what I am taking delivery of June this year, a 997 tt. Only had to wait 14 moinths for it.

When I can find the final spec that i have gone with I publish it on here, but basic spec is GT Silver with black leather. Was going for the factory collection but due to circumstances now unable to do it, so will just have to collect from OPC.

Have been scouring the forum anonamoulsy reading with interest and looking forward to owning my first Proper car. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133023

Nice car Mark!

My brother in law test drove one on the day that I collected the C2S - a sort of sweetener for giving me a lift to Nottingham.

I'm not sure if we have many 997 tt owners here??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133025

Jamie

I notice on yours you had the "new car detail" by elite detialing prior to taking delivery of your car, makes the car look stunning even in the photos. Couple of questions

would you reccomend it? whats the process for washing/ polishing after this?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133039

Mark - welcome mate, sounds like a stunning car you have got on order there 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133040

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by MarkM on 16 April 2007

Jamie

I notice on yours you had the "new car detail" by elite detialing prior to taking delivery of your car, makes the car look stunning even in the photos. Couple of questions

would you reccomend it? whats the process for washing/ polishing after this?
Personally I would recommend it - the car looked awesome on collection day and I am informed that it will look better than new on subsequent washes. The Zymol Royale wax is well publicised. Most dealers offer Zymol or other treatment for new cars but the Zymol they use is a much cheaper wax than Royale but still ask the same price as Elite Detailing. Many people in the showroom commented that it was the cleanest car there.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133055

Not had a new car done by Elite, but the work done on my 12-yr old 993 was truly stunning 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133066

For those interested here is the final spec agreed upon

GT Silver Metallic

Black full leather

Manual transmission

PVTS (Porsche Vehicle Tracking System)

Electric Slide/tilt sunroof

Rear park assist

Side skirts in exterior colour

Rear window wiper

Sports
Chrono
package plus

Cruise control

Adaptive sports seats

Porsche crests embossed on the headrests

Leather rear console

Door entry guards in stainless steel

Aluminium instrument surround

6 disc CD changer

PCM telephone module

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133753

SWMBO rear end :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133879

Mark,

I don't think adaptive sports seats generally offer value for money on non-Turbo models but it's a grand less to upgrade on the Turbo so fair do's however no heated seats??

I was driving back late last night and decided on windows open experience for last half an hour through local towns and heater on + heated seats on full - great feeling, nice and warm with full force of the exhaust + chill of the night air!

Other than that, nice spec!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134014

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by MarkM on 18 April 2007

For those interested here is the final spec agreed upon

Porsche crests embossed on the headrests
Still one of my favourite options on later-spec Porsches - no function whatsoever, but just look the dogs danglies!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134016

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jamie on 19 April 2007

Mark,

I don't think adaptive sports seats generally offer value for money on non-Turbo models but it's a grand less to upgrade on the Turbo so fair do's however no heated seats??

I was driving back late last night and decided on windows open experience for last half an hour through local towns and heater on + heated seats on full - great feeling, nice and warm with full force of the exhaust + chill of the night air!

Other than that, nice spec!
That sounds like it should have been one of those Phil Collins "Something in the air tonight" moments a la Miami Vice :wink:

Welcome MarkM, nice choice of an awsome car for a first Porsche.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134017

Well well, Mark what a coicidence, we obiously have similar taste! (For the benefit of others, I currently own one of Mark's previous cars an RS6+)

Just put the deposit down on my first Porsche too, a 997tt. Spec as:

Porsche 911 Turbo
900 miles
Atlas Grey Met
Black Full Leather
Porsche Vehicle Tracking System
Top Tinted Windscreen
Electric Tilt/ Slide Sunroof
Tiptronic S Transmission
Rear Parking Assistance
Rear window wiper
Sport Chrono Package Plus
Adaptive Sport Seats
Heated Seat Left & right
3- Spk M/Func. S/Whl Thicker leather
Porsche Embossed Head Rests
Carbon Package Small
PCM Telephone Module
PCM Navigation Module
Bose Sound System
CDC-4 Autochanger

Collect all being well on Wednesday. Looking forward to the drive home.

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 134412

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back