Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Picked my new car up yesterday

andy1496

Hi

Picked it up yesterday from OPC Solihull.

How fantastic is it to drive?????????
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/happydance.gif

Didn't even mind tha satnav taking me the wrong way and having to contribute towards the M6t toll funds :?

Pics to follow.....

One thing I was less than pleased to discover was that the vehicle had definately NOT been valeted internally or externally.

I have rung the OPC this morning and the sales guy is going to ask the manager if they'll foot the bill for a valet.

I could also swear that the sales details of the car included a CDC4 6 cd changer.

I didn't see it physically last week when we test drove the vehicle but it was on my 'want list' when I was looking and I could have sworn this car had it????

Is there anywhere I can check that a cd changer was originally specced on the car?

Very very pleased with the car overall but not so much with the OPC Solihull introduction into the marque.

Thanks

Andy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131402

Andy, look under the hood and there will be a list of options that the car was supplied with. That will tell you if it was there. Glad you are pleased (and like the smilie!).

Happy days!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131403

Glad to hear that its a success!

I was also confused by the mention of a "CD player" in the spec of my car, but that of course referred to the single cd in the stereo, which your PCM will have. Maybe the same thing happened to you in all the excitement!

If you give the chassis no to a dealer, they will read you the build spec off their screen, alternatively, there is a sticker under the bonnet and in the service book which lists the option codes.

WRT the valet, I'd not get too excited. In my experience, a main dealer "valet" does more harm than good - my car was delivered by OPC Solihull's sister dealership Nick Whale in Bromsgove with a full 2005 mineral water bottle under the passenger seat which rattled like hell. Mind you, I was pleasantly surprised by the £1.02 I found under the drivers seat, and my daughter was pleased with the matchbox car I also found stuck to the electric seat motor... I'd ask them if they would contribute to a visit from our resident detailer!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131408

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robertb on 10 April 2007

I'd ask them if they would contribute to a visit from our resident detailer!

Great minds and all that................

Was gonna get it booked anyway. It just kinda smarts that they didn't make more effort on a £60k motor!!!

Anyway here's some pics of when I picked it up. They didn't take the cover off until we were due to leave, which is why we didn't really get too much chance to inspect it.

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSC00023(1).JPG

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/DSC00025.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131410

OPC Solihull have just rung back to say that I can take it into my local OPC for a full valet which they will pay for. Apparently two guys were involved and each thought the other had done it.

It's no big deal re. the changer. Gonna look at a Dennison 500 Gateway anyway :D

Now who do I know who lives a long way away down some nice quiet roads.

Got a fortnight off work so it's playtime 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131413

Good that they've acknowledged their error and will sort the valeting out.

Isle of Man would be a nice spontaneous trip... :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131416

Hi Andy!

Well done mate, I am getting to grips with mine - growing in confidence every day - maybe that's not a good thing!

Should they have put a cover on a dirty car???

Can we have some naked pictures please or are you going to wait until she's scrubbed up?

Jamie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131439

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jamie on 10 April 2007

Can we have some naked pictures please or are you going to wait until she's scrubbed up?

Jamie
I'm a bit embarassed about the tatty state of our nearly finished self-build. I was hoping to host pics adjacent to a beautifully designed and landscaped courtyard garden, not the pikey site that it looks at the moment :oops:

Anyway, here goes:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/rear%20three%20quarter.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/rear(2).jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/side%20low.jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/wheel(9).jpg

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/front%20three%20quarter.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131481

Lovely motor Andy!.......well done.....now enjoy!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131486

That is a Big wheel... :wink:

She is lovley......

Well done...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131490

Nice car good luck Andy.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131516

Very nice!

Don't worry about the surroundings mate, I have the worst drive that a new porker has ever called home. I can't afford to get it done now!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131598

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back