Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

It all GO (again!) with Dan's GT3...

Daniel

Donnington
Just had an email from the owner confirming the Draft is now clear !!

Tonight is the night !!!

(I may grab some pic's on the way home and post them later..)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131385

Yay! I'll be happy to take pics on you in her Dan.....roll on tonight!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131386

Good Man...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131387

Brilliant news Dan - get those driving gloves out!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131389

Enjoy yourself Dan.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131390

Thanks Guys - :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131391

Well done traitor.

Seriously though mate, great news, chuffed for you!

nana2.gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131395

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 993C2S on 10 April 2007

Well done traitor.

Seriously though mate, great news, chuffed for you!

nana2.gif
Thanks Mate... It was a hard choice leaving the 993 boys ! I will return one day.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131396

I have had the owner of the car on the phone.. He has asked if I would like to buy a set of Track wheels and R888 tyres (as new, I have seen them) The wheels are NOT OEM, they are some kind of after fit alloy wheel !! He wants £900 for them.. Will I need them, or should I buy a set of GT3 design wheels and new R888 which would cost £1,300 ?? ish...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131415

Whichever you prefer Dan.........

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131419

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 10 April 2007

I have had the owner of the car on the phone.. He has asked if I would like to buy a set of Track wheels and R888 tyres (as new, I have seen them) The wheels are NOT OEM, they are some kind of after fit alloy wheel !! He wants £900 for them.. Will I need them, or should I buy a set of GT3 design wheels and new R888 which would cost £1,300 ?? ish...
Depends on who made the wheels - if they're BBS or Cargraphics then it sounds ok. If they're some halfords specials then i'd leave alone.

A second set for trackdays can be unnecessary. If you only use the car for dry days road and some track use then you can live with R888s all the time. I switched to mt 'track' wheels for a td the other night and wished i hadn't bothered.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131420

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 10 April 2007

Very tempting Dan, do you know what state the R888 are in? Also non-OEM wheels might be ok, do you know what these are?

The big question is however......how do you plan getting the wheels/tyres to a trackday or are you going to be changing them prior to the event?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131422

What wheels are they Dan? As long as they are the right size and they will be used for just track use... but £900 is strong money if not OEM.

Looking forward to the ArcticExpress :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131424

The R888 are as NEW. The wheels from what I remember, where 100+, a kind of MK2 GT3 looking wheel !

It was going to be part of the deal, but I said no at the time, but now I am collecting her, I would think He is thinking "what do I do with them" ??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131425

Dan
Just take the car and have a 'look' at the wheels and tyres, as buying used R888's ain't that easy, as they may have thread (new at 5mm) but if they have run their heat cycles then they are effectively worn out.
regards

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131426

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back