Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New Exh Mufflers and Tips

Roadhog1

Trainee
Just fitted refurbed Oettle modded mufflers - the sound is awsome - as a 911 should be. At the same time fitted these new tips...

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/P1010011-1%20(Medium).JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130706

I'm not sure to be honest, there's something about the simplicity of the originals that I like.

Did you try mounting the tips the other way around to match the rough shape of the originals?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130711

Any chance of a sound clip?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130713

I Know what you mean Damian so I kept the originals in case I felt the same about them when they were on the car! I am not a great fan of the oval shape tips so personally I prefer these. They are handed, so wont go on the other way around. I did offer them up the reverse way just to see and they looked wrong anyway with the big pipe on the outside.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130727

Sound clip.....hmmm see what I can do.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130730

Have to agree with Damian I'm afraid....I also prefer the exhaust tips of the base 997 as opposed to the 997 S..... However, we all do what pleases us...me, I am putting a subtle tint on my windows soon - not everyone likes that!

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130755

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Roadhog1 on 06 April 2007

Sound clip.....hmmm see what I can do.....
Would be quite a good idea to get sound clips from the different exhausts hosted on the website. I hosted some of mine a while ago.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130797

Where did you get the tips from?

Need some more photos to convince the others...

Enjoy!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130920

The tips are from design911... Good point on the photo though..... from this angle, you can't see the way the tips are shaped, outer smaller one being slightly shorter and slash cut to follow the bumper round. I will take another few angles. Thanks to all for the comments... love or hate...... I knew putting them up on here would at least get honest reactions...

I have also fitted the fabspeed cold air replacement silicon induction hose kit and put in a sports air filter. This gives more induction roar (and is supposed to up power and response a tad when the ECU does its learning bit - not sure on that though!) but the sound on full chat with the modded exhaust cans is spine tingling (IMO!)...

On the sound clips.... if I can get a decent recording and taking it that the forum doesn't have a hosting facility yet, I will hyperlink it on here to my you-tube account.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130938

Thanks.

I think they are nice, remember most importantly its your car ;)

Hope to hear some tunes soon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130951

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/P1010015%20(Medium).JPG
Photo from a different angle....

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/P1010014%20(Medium).JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131098

They look nice.

Can you do us a sound clip.

Today we done the mod to my silencers, the pipe was not a thick as that used on the Oettle silencers, to be frank my mod doesn't sound much louder than stock...

Hope this is possible.

J

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131109

I kinda like them and they are so shiny - but you can see the cutout is for oval pipes on the PU

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131210

Marcus, the shape of PU cutout bothered me too before they were fitted. But now they are on... it doesn't seem to matter. Guess its each to their own, and personally I just much prefer round tail pipes.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 131333

Roadhog - Very true sir... Anychance of an avi of the sound and video?

How much did you pay for the whole job?

Cheers, Marcus

Migration info. Legacy thread was 133075

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back