Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Going to look at a GT3

vin_r1

Nurburgring
I'm going to look at a cobalt blue GT3 and was wondering what people thought -

spec - above colour.
53 Reg, 29K, Leather crested bucket seats, no roll cage, option inc, cruise control, Bi-xenon with wash, fsh - recently serviced therefore shouldn't need service for 12months.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130465

If its the one I am thinking of...

One thing that would worry me.. Its not in the owners name, he brought it in July/Aug last year just as a toy.. (he also has a M3 CSL) To save putting another owner on it..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130473

Dan, I've asked him about that and reckons that he didn't register it in his own name as he was going to sell and not keeping it this long.

But do you think it's worth looking at?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130495

If the car's not registered as his, should he legally have the right to sell it?

Also if the car's not registered since the last owner sold it, who's gonna pick up any speeding ticket in the mean time?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130519

Two things here:

The previous owner should have sent his part of the V5 off to Swansea when he sold the car - if he didn't he broke the law.

The new owner should have declared a new 'registered keeper' and so he's broken the law if he didn't!

Only exception is if the previous owner has agreed to 'keep' the car, and be accountable for RFL and any parking/speeding fines.

Log book only shows the 'Registered Keeper' - not necesarily the owner!

In this case, if the previous owner is friend or family (or perhaps his company) I wouldn't worry - as long as he can prove that he has legal title to the car (eg. original purchase invoice), and if I was you I'd check with the previous owner just to be crtain - their details will still be on the log book.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130546

It does all sound a bit weird for an expensive car.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130551

Personally I don't feel a cars mine till I see my name on the V5... I can't imagine not wanting my name on 'my' GT3 v5.

Makes you wonder what else ain't been done properly if he only intended keeping it for a short while.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130564

It is normal practice iif you do not want to add another `person to the log I have ran a few cars this way keeps the owners down and I know alot of others that deal in this way with some dealers keeping v5 until it is going to be sold on

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130567

I can see that working if you are buying a selling through a dealer, but for a private purchase, it just sounds a bit odd.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130570

Update went and saw the car, although the car looks ok, there have been a number of plate changes from previous owners and there was evidence of price paid by first owner - nearlly 80K.

Ade, is there supposed to be a run in service on these types of cars as the first service appears to have been after 10+k?

There are a couple of light scratches to the bumper and bottom spoiler needs replacing, also a coupe of scratches on the passenger side.

He stated his willing to drop the price by 1k, but I would have to pay for the 111 point OPC inspec and the years warranty after this.

I said to him that I would need to get it HPI'd first as he apparently cleared outstanding finance on the car, but showed me a letter from the finance company,

So opinions please.....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130617

Dosen't sound like any of the issues are deal breaker, as long as the paperworks are ok.

Is he willing to negotiate again if the inspection shows up any problem?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130622

of course depends on the price, which should start with a 4

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130623

I don't think he'll go any lower than 47k, although that would depend on what if/anything needs doing.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130626

The plate changes are irrelevant, and dont add to the number of owners.

Regards the HPI do it anyway it only takes 5 minutes on line and costs you £25.00, if you have any thoughts about going ahead with this car do it straight away.

If this is the car Dan looked at, hasnt it had a replacement front wing?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130630

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back