Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

best sounding exhaust

fidge911

I need help and advise on the best sounding sports exhaust for a facelift 996 C4 please and is it true you can get more bhp from changing from the standard exhuast , is it enough to notice the differance. Do i go for the best sounding or the most bhp, do you need to change the whole system or just certain parts and what about the costs? thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130286

That's a lot of questions. I will have a go at the ones I can.

Yes you can get some extra bhp, best way is to change the lot mufflers, headers and Cats. 20-30 bhp may be achievable. If you aded better airflow and a remap, you might get this to 40bhp (but that is a guess).
www.fabspeed.com
would be a good place to start some research.

This would undoubtably wreck your warranty though.

I would go for a nice sound since you have a cab. I am loving mine with the top down at the mo. I have the RSRs from Gert (£300).

If you can make it to Bedford on the 11th you should be able to hear all sorts of Exhausts. Might help you choose.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130293

just been on the FABSPEED website it sounds and looks great, do you know of any distributers in the uk the north east preferably... Thanks for the info.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130296

PSE is great for me(no power gains but warranty is retained)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130299

Porsche extracted an extra 25bhp with the X51 powerkit for the regular 3.6. This involved new cams, headers, exhaust, induction, ecu remap. Not a cheap way to extract so little power! (£8k factory option?)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130309

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by william howarth on 04 April 2007

The Porsche warranty does not include the exhaust.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130310

I thought the $4000 price tag might put you off!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130311

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by oceancarrera on 04 April 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by william howarth on 04 April 2007

The Porsche warranty does not include the exhaust.

Pretty sure it does on the original 2 year warranty(dont know about extended).The baffles broke up on a friends PSE and the the 2 sides were replaced no problem.His car was about 1 year old at the time.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130312

[quote:xH7e20CgOt="Previous poster"]Quote: The baffles broke up on a friends PSE and the the 2 sides were replaced no problem.His car was about 1 year old at the time.
[/QUOTE]

He shouldn't have pressed the button, the baffles only work when you are 'rigged for slient running' :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130314

No switch on mine-its loud all the time.Good job I dont set off for work at 545am anymore!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130319

Try and have a go in a few- what sounds good in a video clip can sound entirely different in the metal. I've fitted, and removed, quite a few sports exhausts over the years that seemed a good idea at the time!

The fabspeed I had in my 993 boomed something rotten at certain speeds, but may be different on a 996. Design 911 supply them in the uk, also a promising looking Designtek system which they claim "sounds like a ferrari 355". If that is true, then that would be a very good thing indeed!

I'm very impressed with the PSE on my C4S- it sounds great in the car, great outside with the windows open, and if I'm not in the mood, or need to go into stealth mode for an early AM departure, then I just shut it up on the button. This would also be a good thing for track days with Db restrictions.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 130414

Exactly - with the $/£ rate it's much better.. beware of import duty and VAT..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 132113

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back