Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 TT lumbar

PiersFox

Trainee
Hi all,i have a question re the lumbar support feature on the 996 seats. i have seen some seats with this, and checked my own, but there seems to be a blanking plate over where the knob should be. Was this a cost option on the seats? I dont think theyre sport seats as they dont have the extended shoulder pieces, see att.If it is a cost option, can it be retrofitted?cheers
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/front%20seats2.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128337

Piers, you are correct yours are standard spec seats (like mine)

I know people have discussed retrofitting seat heating but I've never heard anyone discuss the lumbar function.

My guess is it would be easier and probably cheaper to replace the seats with a set that already have the function

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128361

I have memory seats and they have the lumbar support on the driving side. Not sure that helps you though.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128377

Memory doesnt have lumbar automatically So Poo, Turbos all have memory AFAIK but not all have Lumbar

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128384

Oh - another extra I didn't know I had!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128391

hmm, mine are heated electric, but no lumbar unfortunately.

Old fashioned cushion it is then :(

thanks for the replies

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128443

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back