Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sticker number plate

Dunc

Primarily for Ade and Butzi this one....

Who did you get to make up yer front 'plate', what size is it (as mine is a full length 4 and 3 character plate) and were there any hassles removing the black plastic 'plate backer.

Intend on giving the car a good dose of polishing soon so will prob remove the plate and backer so might as well just slap on a sticker after that?!

Cheers

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127918

I considered this dunc, but worried about the holes that would be left in the front PU.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127957

Dunc, mine came from the same place as Ade's, at Craigsplates.com

Mine is just standard font and size with standard spacing. I cut the excess white bit off, leaving 1cm of white border all round.

The plastic backer is just screwed into a square insert which can be pulled out once the plate has been removed. Once you put the sticky plate on, the square hole won't be too obvious. It's no hassle at all to peel it off afterward.

The only time you might struggle a bit is to put the stcky plate on a compound curve of the bumper. You need to pull it a bit tight, so you stretch the centre a bit, and if there's any ridges on the top/bottom edge, you can gently heat it with a warm iron to help it stick.

It looks great as it preserve the curve of the front.

It's also lighter, and more aerodynamic, so faster! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 127983

Thanks chaps, will investigate further....

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128078

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 26 March 2007

It's also lighter, and more aerodynamic, so faster! :wink:
Every little helps! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 128106

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut