Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Your thoughts on this....

vin_r1

Nurburgring
http://www.ruf-automobile.de/content.php?seite=seiten/gebrauchtwagen.php&archiv=&jahr=&details=17

Been loking at this for a while, although on the page it states the price is without VAT - but surely due to the age etc of the car you shouldn't have to pay VAT on that - or would you?

I would like to know what your thoughts are regarding this and whether it's worth considering for purchase. One final question - best way to purchase has I'll need a bit on finance (already spoken with Jamie) - do you think I could get someone like Paul at GT Classics to get the car then pay him when it's in the country?

Thanks

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126273

Well - it will be very quick! Mick used Paul recently so he may be able to help on that front.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126278

seems a lot of car for the money, makes you think why.....

it's a tip!!! with GT3 seats and GT2 spoiler....funny combination!

You can get Paul to inspect the car for you (as he goes to Germany quite often anyway) and get him to import it for you. Might have to pay him a bit though, worth giving him a ring, very nice chap.

Even if you don't get this one, might be worth calling Paul and tell him what you want and he can perhaps source one for you. (as long as you don't ask for a 993RS as there're nowt on the market at the moment!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126281

Thanks Mick will be calling Paul regarding the car and see what he recommends. At the moment I'm keeping my options open regarding model of 911, as I've also seen a 993 Turbo S for 74000 Euros - which doesn't sound too bad. That may well keep it's value better I think it's done around 62,000 miles in silver with black interior. I may ask him to try and look at that one if possible.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126333

Are you gonna use the car for road/daily drive, or fun/track? Turbo is fast and good GT but not as involving and "fun" as something like a GT3 or RS, or even a C2. Decide what you want it for and what look you want, then choose the right car for it. Paul will give you a better idea about availability, price and residuals.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126337

The car will be used mainly weekends and may do a track day occassionally.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126725

If it's for wkend fun and trackdays, I'd say go for GT3/RS type cars for the extra buzz!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126730

I know I'm going on and on about which car, I would realistically try and stay under £50k, therefore it helps me keep my options slightly more limited rather than wanting something I wouldn't be-able to afford.

Oh yeah, I've just looked at this one not everyones cup of tea but looks stunning and nice colour combination.http://www.harbourcars.com/stock/detailU685.html

I now I would love to buy a GT2 but they're well out of the price bracket unless I wait about a year and get one from Germany - just another option but I'll find it to hard just looking for that long.

So, I would say the main cars in contention would be something like the one on the link above, GT3 MK2 or even the dreaded TT (which I know your not keen on).

How long can you keep an OPC warranty - and have you any sort of warranty on yours Mick? - very important to know if I go for say the 993 above.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126739

£50 should get you a pretty decent GT3, but they're getting really common now! :wink:
It would be a mega fast car and loads of fun. Should still be able to get OPC warrenty, the other GT3 guys will be able to tell you more.

As for 993, the one shown on the link looks nice, but it's basically a TT with body kit? With that money you can almost get a proper 993RS! Have you thought about a 964RS?

For a wkend fun car and track car, I personally wouldn't bother with a TT (993 or 996) as they're more of a cruiser/GT than a track/ fun car. DaveK has a 996 TT and SMTK has a 993 TT so they might be able to tell you what they're like!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126777

Rav For an everday all weather car the TT is absolutely brilliant. However the drive is not as involving as a GT3 or dare I say even a C2. The 4wd system makes them so stable that to find the limits in a TT you have to be doing some serious speeds (possibly jailable speeds). Point to point on a wet B road - I doubt anything can match it.

The GT3 is much more involving and if you are going to do lots of track days and use the car mainly at weekends then this is the only option.

The GT3 and the TT are both excellent cars but they are miles apart.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126792

Rav,

OPC warranty is 9 years and 125K miles. I would seriously consider the TT, they are a great option.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126804

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 22 March 2007

Rav,

OPC warranty is 9 years and 125K miles. I would seriously consider the TT, they are a great option.

advice from hairdresser....says it all!!
hehe.gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126813

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 22 March 2007

Previous poster said:

Rav,

hehe.gif

Watch it, when he graduates out of the cab he will become a man 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126814

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 22 March 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 22 March 2007

Previous poster said:

Rav,

hehe.gif

Watch it, when he graduates out of the cab he will become a man 8)
Like my hero Dave! :wink:

Oh - and you can shut it RS boy! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126833

a 'real' 993 Turbo S is one of the best 911's you can buy

Migration info. Legacy thread was 126841

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back