Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3's in the Frame..

Daniel

As many of you may have worked out, I am looking to get a GT3, I have had a few PPI'd with bad reports..

I have narrowed it down to these 2.. Both as yet have not had PPI's, one is booked in next week, with the other to follow.

GT3 Mk1 - 1999/V - 15,000 miles - Artic Silver - Comfort(with Buckets) - 2 Owners - full OPC history - VGC - Uprated Brakes - £44,500

GT3 Mk2 - 2003/03 (2004MY) - 26,000 miles - Midnight Blue - Comfort(with Buckets) - 2 Owners - Full OPC history(service booked for next week) - VGC - Stainless steel Cage - £44,500

The Mk1 need 1 wheel re-furb, and has a 3mm scratch on the rear near side quarter.

The Mk2, has had a new front wing(in 2003) (but all bills inc.)

:D

I would be honoured for an views...

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125796

Drive both and see which car you prefer. The Mk1 drives differently from the Mk2.

Personally speaking, I wouldn't do midnight blue for a GT3... a bit too sedate imho.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125799

Ditto the above. The man talks sense!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125801

More sedate than an Arctic silver?

Saw a ?Colbalt blue GT3 in Oulton, looked great!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125804

Nothing wrong with Midnight blue that a few Gulf decals couldn't sort out!

Is the MK1 handbuilt too! <openscanofworms> :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125805

Dan, I've already discussed at length my views with you. Go for what it is you really want as you are the only one who has to live with it and use it etc......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125806

I certainly wouldn't worry about the new front wing as long as it gets the all clear from a PPI. If that is all the damage there was, then there isn't a problem.

I'd go for the MK2 myself.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125807

No Dan, let us decide, we're the one who's got to hear about it after!
flame.gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125808

On the face of it the Mk2 looks better value...however the colour is IMHO wrong for a GT3.

Drive them both see how you feel, although check when the geometry was last set on both as if one is badly out, it will unsettle you and possibly give a misleading impression.

Then it's just down to the PPI report

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125811

I reckon the blue over the silver <donsflamesuit> as I generally think silver cars look a bit lame.

However, at the same time I sort of agree with the above in that if you are going for a GT3, maybe it should stand out a bit. Problem is, if you go SY, you'd lose it in the car park at every 911uk meet!

Personally, I like Rob's red 'un ... nice colour for the GT3.

But back to the original question, out of the two you have narrowed down to, go blue!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125828

I would go for the blue one,

however the problem you will have is resale, it is a very boring colour, and the bump that it has had, reduces the price, I know it shouldnt but it does.

The other problem, is if you go for the right colour and spec, they tend to be at dealers or retail, and will mean a lot more money.

If it is a money issue, then the blue one is a no brainer, if you can afford more then a Mk2 in a yellow, or a red or is better, even silver.

Daz

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125831

VFM I would say the blue one. However as others have said, drive them both and go with your heart. (Remember though we already have one Artic Silver 911 in the Chavley Crew)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125840

I have seen the Silver one and driven it..

My heart says MK1, I think it will be the classic of the two GT3's in a few years.

My head says MK2, newer car, can warranty longer ect..

(the new wing on the mk2, was when the chap was parking, he caught a lamp post, nothing bad at all).

As I have said the silver one is booked in for a PPI, with the blue one following..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125845

Alright then, as you know I'll let everyone else know. I'd go with the Mk2, more individualistic colour that I like in the flesh having seen one on Friday so should not affect resale too much and rather understated which I think makes it cool.

I'd go see and drive the Mk2 and if the photos that the guy has pre and post accident damage and all the bills from the OPC recommended/approved bodyshop stack up then go with the one that is going to make you most happy......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125856

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 19 March 2007
I have seen the Silver one and driven it..
My heart says MK1, I think it will be the classic of the two GT3's in a few years.

How was it?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125861

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back