Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

6 Pot Calipers and Pagid RS29 Pads..

Daniel

If a GT3 (mk1) has "6 Pot Calipers and Pagid RS29 Pads" is this the MK2 GT3 brakes or a upgrade to the MK1 brakes ? And will the disc's be standard GT3 Mk1 ?

Would the pads and disc's be easy to get hold of if there an upgrade ? and when I search google, I get yellow, and green Pad option ? :?

Thank you !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125410

Not sure Dan so I'm not much use for that, but if I recall then you need 6 pots to upgrade the mk1 to take Alcons or brembo discs. It is possible I guess that the owner has taken the alcons or brembos off & replaced with the original discs. Putting the Alcons onto his new car. This is what Poon did moving from his Mk2 to RS. You would really need to look at the discs to see whats on there, though normally someone would say if the upgraded discs were on.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125413

Dan, calipers will almost certainly be Mk2's, discs may be the larger Mk2 items or Alcons. Is this a car you have seen?

Check out JZM website for details and costs of doing this, it aint cheap!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125414

Its a Car I have seen.. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125420

Think I need Ade or Sundeep to answer this !!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125435

why not just ask the owner???????

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125440

If it's got the pads already on then what's the problem? You can put on whatever pads you like when they wear out?!

The six pots will be mk2 calipers and as said it will either have mk2 discs or alcons or brembos. Again, when these wear out you can fit whichever you like!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125442

Thanks Dunc..

I just wondered if there was more than one option with a mk1 brake upgrade !

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125455

So are you getting close then Dan?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125471

Maybe !!

:wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125486

Hi

MKI 3's as standard are fitted with 4 pot 'big reds', 330mm front discs the pads are usually fast road/track compound.

MKII 3's as standard are fitted with 6 pot 'big big reds', 350mm front discs the pads are usually fast road/track compound.

Alcon fronts discs for MKII 3's are 360mm in size but come with 5mm dural caliper spacers to facilitate the extra 10mm in size

Hope this is of help.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125535

Hmm.. A bit !

I will speak to the owner about what he had done.. The conversion was done by JZM.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125538

Daniel

It's the same upgrade as my car has.

Best brake upgrade on the market imho, and they have been retrofitted to GT3s, GT2s, and TTs. Replacement discs are relatively cheap compared to OEM considering the extended life and increased performance over standard. Replacement discs are only available through JZM.

Discs are made by Alcon of a superior motorsport steel to a bespoke design developed by Steve McHale at JZM. They originally came as 350mm floaters (generation 1), but these have been superceded by 360mm anti-rattle floaters (generation 2).

Wrt Pagid RS29s, if you are only using your car on road, you may want to switch to normal OEM pads which will not squeal. RS29s when used on the road, squeal like pigs over a ravine. The exact part number for the RS29s that fit the 6pot calipers is U2707. The RS29 was the successor to the much loved RS19. The RS29 is the same brake pad as used by several teams for Le Mans.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125569

Thanks Ade..

She will be doing a mix of track and road use.. I will see how I get on, and will change them should they squeal.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125592

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel on 18 March 2007

Maybe !!

:wink:
Well it sounds like you have found one with good brakes!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 125613

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back