Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cam Solinoid Seals

Porsche Events

Old forum user Unidentified(11139) wrote:

I had an inspection on my 996 by OPC a few months ago and they recommended replacing the Cam Solinoid Seals (£350 quid by the way) as there was a minor oil leak (not dripping just seapage), a few months down the road and they are now dripping (not much, just a few dropps now and again) but i've had to top the oil up so it's obviously getting worse.

All i want to know is if it's a DIY job. I've read an old post which says that the bolts holding the cover on tend to allow oil to leak out and that i should be careful as the cover also holds the cam in????

If i go at it like a bull in a china shop and take the covers off will i end up with 40 quids worth of oil on my drive and my cams rolling down the hill?

The post suggested taking one bolt out at a time and re-seal with silicone.

Anybody done this before?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124883

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back