Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 2008 Facelift ordered

Iqbaljeet Badesha

Hi there, ive just ordered my C2 Cabrio, and with it being the facelifted model, it should arrive by the end of September according to my dealer, which means i have plenty of time to revise the options list :p I've added these, just wondered if i should revise the list/if im missing an essential option? Oh, and im curious about the dension gateway500, does anybody have one in their 997? how much did it cost including fitting? And finally, (sorry about the longwinded blurb), does anybody have a rader detector/laser jammer fitted to their 997? Any pics of the install? im not too keen on a sucker/windscreen mounted affair :S

XSC -
Porsche Logo on Seats

-
Wheel Centre Kit

XME -
Rear Section of Centre Console In Exterior Colour

P74
-
Xenon Lights

-
Telephone Module for PCM

P01
-
Adaptive Sports Seats

-
Navigation Module for PCM

-
Bose Surround System

-
Park Assist

Stainless Steel Tailpipes

P12
-
Automatic Dimming Mirrors with Rain Sensor

-
Top Tint Windscreen

-
CDC-4 Six Disc CD Autochanger

-
Heated Seats

-
Floor Mats

- Three Spoke Sports Steering Wheel in Leather

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124617

I would personally (I have recently spec'd a new 2s for me):

Drop some of the fluffy items like Porsche logo on headrests, wheel centre kit, stainless steel pipes and add sports exhaust which I was told will make the car easier to sell and put a smile on your face! Also the adaptive sports seats are an expensive option which i deemed as not needed. I opted for 'Sports Seats' at a cost of less than £300 as opposed to nearly £1700 for adapative.

My OPC also told me not to order mats as a paid option as they will put them in at dealership free of charge - check with your OPC.

Well done by the way!!!!

Here is my thread asking opinions on the matter:

http://www.911uk.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=36&TopicID=10201&PagePosition=2

This is what I ended up buying:

C2S, Meteor Grey, Black Leather. Turbo wheels. Park Assist. Sport Chrono Pack Plus. Sports Exhaust. Sports Seats. Heated Seats. Multi Func. steering wheel. Navigation & Telephone. BOSE. Tracking System. Rear section centre console in ext. colour.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124698

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Iqbaljeet Badesha on 14 March 2007

Hi there, ive just ordered my C2 Cabrio, and with it being the facelifted model, it should arrive by the end of September

Do you mean September 2008?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124701

I have been told (by an OPC today) that there is nothing certain and not known whether facelift will be 2007 or 2008........ Press that I have read suggests Sept 2008.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124732

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Iqbaljeet Badesha on 14 March 2007

according to my OPC it should be September 2007
This would be about right for a MY2008 car. Also 3 years after the launch like the 996 facelift.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124734

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jamie on 14 March 2007

I have been told (by an OPC today) that there is nothing certain and not known whether facelift will be 2007 or 2008........ Press that I have read suggests Sept 2008.
Jamie, did you ask the OPC you ordered it from?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124735

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 14 March 2007
Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jamie on 14 March 2007I have been told (by an OPC today) that there is nothing certain and not known whether facelift will be 2007 or 2008........ Press that I have read suggests Sept 2008.
Jamie, did you ask the OPC you ordered it from?[/i:ru7wgQJvpd]
this just in from jamie's house
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/keyboard-frustration(1).jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124739

Of course it was! I'm not particuarly bothered about having a pre-facelift car in any case.

it was only today that i was reading in 911 & P World (April) that facelift most likely for MY2009

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124740

Previous poster said:

Of course it was! I'm not particuarly bothered about having a pre-facelift car in any case.it was only today that i was reading in 911 & P World (April) that facelift most likely for MY2009
You never know which way the dealera are going - being postive to ry and get an order for a facelift car or negative as they still want to sell pre-facelifts. Only time will tell.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124743

It's all been said but I agree with Jamie (even though he doesn't like hairdressers :oops: ), drop the frills. Sports chrono and sports exhaust are a startling combination, especially if you are looking at performance / track days. If its a cruiser than probably not an issue but it will be on resale.

Adaptive seats would suggest a performance bias but strange and vey expensive withoout the sports set up .

Personally can't see the point of CD changers in the days of an IPOD but I suppose it may be useful to stone-age men like me who can't be bothered with Apple.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124745

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by So Poo on 14 March 2007

Previous poster said:

Of course it was! I'm not particuarly bothered about having a pre-facelift car in any case.it was only today that i was reading in 911 & P World (April) that facelift most likely for MY2009
You never know which way the dealera are going - being postive to ry and get an order for a facelift car or negative as they still want to sell pre-facelifts. Only time will tell.
I think it is probably each dealer telling you what you want to know either way as if it was fact, it would be more common knowledge???

My OPC haven't denied that it could be 2007 MY2008 but said that they simply don't know..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124761

"I think it is probably each dealer telling you what you want to know either way as if it was fact, it would be more common knowledge???"

Seems to be the case, ive now had 3 different answers :( Im ditching the cd changer and going the ipod route now though.. there will be 2 of us driving the car so adaptive seats will be pretty handy indeed, and its hard to go from memory seats to regular seats when youre used to them :p I realllly want the logos on the headrests/wheel centre kit and theyre only around £100 each. The exhaust is pretty tempting, but like you jamie, ive set myself a 75k budget and that would put me over :/ What exactly is the short shifter thing anyway? shorter shifts to change gears faster?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124770

Aren't memory seats and adaptive different things? Don't the adaptive close up as one presses on? Just wondered?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124779

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back