Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Performance Software

Flatsix

Hockenheim
Has anyone any experience of Revo Technik remapping as i feel its quite a worthwhile performance upgrade for the money. Obviously it would kill the factory warranty stone dead if detected, however their site mentions its not possible. Any views or feedback would be welcome, cheers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124085

Revo Technik do have a try before you buy. However NA improvements from basic chipping are going to be marginal to say the least. The best bet would be to improve the breathing (exhaust, airflow & cat) and then get the ECU chipped to take advantage of all this.

Of them all Revo Technik does have the better reputation but like them all they could be detected if the worst happens. Revo do have an optional 'box' that allows you to select the program ie. valet, poor fuel, standard etc that would give you a better chance of hiding the remap.

Damian

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124101

I was thinking that an extra 15-25 horses would be a little more than marginal, i hope!

To be honest, i wouldn't bother with the optional settings.

I will have a trial with it and see. I was just wondering if it was easy for an OPC to suss, or if they 'had' to look for it?

Rather a risky gamble with the warranty if it all goes tits.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124140

Mitch,

the guy who owns REVO, is a really nice top guy, who knows his stuff,

the problem with NA cars is that the difference tops is 5bhp in real terms, though the toruqe changes, so accelaration changes marginally, as does the rev limit,

for your money, the first upgrade should be fuel/exhaust/breathing

and then and only then remap, otherwise waste of time tbh,

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124143

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 12 March 2007

Mitch,

the guy who owns REVO, is a really nice top guy, who knows his stuff,

the problem with NA cars is that the difference tops is 5bhp in real terms, though the toruqe changes, so accelaration changes marginally, as does the rev limit,

for your money, the first upgrade should be fuel/exhaust/breathing

and then and only then remap, otherwise waste of time tbh,

Mmmmmmmm too much to pay for that type of improvement really.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124150

You've already done airbox and exhaust haven't you Mark?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124167

The boxes are one thing, now replacing the manifold and catalytic converters that will really make a difference!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 124187

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back