Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

OPC Warranty Question

stats007

Montreal
If I buy a car privately (2000 996 C4) and transfer the warranty (I'm assuming I can) - how does the renewal work? Do I need to pay for a subsequent 111-point check? If I do this whilst in warranty - will they fix anything they find wrong with the car automatically?

Apologies if this is a stupid question!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123900

As long as the car is in warranty you do not need another 111 point check to renew it, it is only when it has lapsed and you want to put warranty on it you need the 111 point check

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123903

be careful, you can only transfer purchased OPC wtty,

and not the the wtty that OPC's put on cars that they sell directly to the public.

eg,

If you purchase an ext wtty, you can transfer to the next owner,

however if you purchase a car from an OPC,

they put a year wtty on it, which is non transferable

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123904

a 2000 C4 is unlikely to have been purchased from an OPC within the last year

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123906

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 11 March 2007
be careful, you can only transfer purchased OPC wtty,
and not the the wtty that OPC's put on cars that they sell directly to the public.
eg,
If you purchase an ext wtty, you can transfer to the next owner,
however if you purchase a car from an OPC,
they put a year wtty on it, which is non transferable
You sure?? The previous owner to me bought from an OPC & the warranty transferred no probs.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123907

agreed, however important point to raise, as others may be purchasing cars that may have come from the opc network

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123908

yep Rob,

when I was going to buy a GT3 from an OPC they told me, and had it confirmed by Cardiff OPC,

bear in mind, some cars have both, an extended wtty, when given back in pex to the OPC, and then when sold by OPC they put their wtty on it,

you may have extended that one, if it makes sense

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123909

917k is absolutely correct. I'll will add, in reference to your other query, my local OPC performed an "end of warranty check" on my car before renewing the existing one. They uncovered quite a few problems which they then fixed under the existing warranty.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123922

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Jay T on 11 March 2007

917k is absolutely correct. I'll will add, in reference to your other query, my local OPC performed an "end of warranty check" on my car before renewing the existing one. They uncovered quite a few problems which they then fixed under the existing warranty.

Did they charge you for carrying out the check?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123928

Previous poster said:

I wonder if this is in writing anywhere?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123972

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Speed Freak on 11 March 2007

yep Rob,

when I was going to buy a GT3 from an OPC they told me, and had it confirmed by Cardiff OPC,

bear in mind, some cars have both, an extended wtty, when given back in pex to the OPC, and then when sold by OPC they put their wtty on it,

you may have extended that one, if it makes sense

Not quite sure, what I had then.

The 2nd owner of mine bought from OPC Guilford, who had put a 12 month warranty on it, when the car was 18 months old. I bought it from a non-OPC dealer at 22 months old. I had the balance 2 months maufacturers warranty then the OPC 12 month warranty kicked in. I had all the paperwork switched over into my name no problems, all done by Guildford OPC.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123979

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by 917k on 11 March 2007

Previous poster said:

Did they charge you for carrying out the check?
No. I didn't expect them to do this, and I've not heard anyone else mention this being standard warranty practice.

Basically asked to renew my warranty. Said they would perform an "End of warranty check" on the car and rectify any existing issues before they put the new warranty on it. They found Ks worth of problems (inc 3 leaking radiators, RMS, oil cooler, water pump), and replaced everything under warranty.

Well pleased, but some may say that the OPC that performed the original 111 point check, may not have entirely been on the ball, as they passed my car with flying colours just 3000 miles earlier.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123982

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back