Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 C4 98 S reg whats it worth?

jo bloggs

Been looking at early 996's.

Thinking of trading my 320 cd sport coupe 55 plate in for a older 996.

The car i've seen is a midnight blue with black leather, has the 18 inch sport design alloys, it's done 71k miles and full Porsche history, last service was at 67k.

It looks clean but haven't seen it in the flesh, what sort of things should i look for and how much is the Porsche inspection?

They are asking £23995 which didn't sound expensive?

I was toying with a 993 but for a daily driver doing 25k a year i thought it would be a little dated.

What is the next big service after what it's had done at 67k and how much would it be?

Any advice would be welcome as i here of horror stories on early 996's but a client of mine has a R reg 996 and never leaked any oil or missed a beat!

Lee

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122430

The early 996s are now being priced on condition and that would be right for a really good one. It is 8 years old now so should have had two major services, so this year should be the cheap service. If not get the dealer to do the major for you.

You need to get a car of this age inspected - if good it is a lot of car for the money.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122435

It sounds ok on the ad and if it has a full dealer history that should be a bonus.

It has all the same make tyres, conti's i think from the pic, i get worried when i see mix and match tyres on a car like that.

It would all depend on what my was worth trade in, suppose how much profit they have in the car.

I've toyed with the 911 idea everytime i buy a new car, the BMW is reliable and nearly new but being a 2.0l diesel it lacks passion and soul...oh and the depreciation is a shocker.

Thanks soo poo.

Are you a hair stylist?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122440

Certainly worth a look, especially if you are close. Tyres must be the same brand on a porsche and be N rated (preferably the same N number too).

Also bear in mind that those wheels will need to be refurbed at some point (if they haven't been done already).

Hope it goes well and while I have the car to be a hairdresser, I'm not. Sorry. :roll:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122488

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by jo bloggs on 05 March 2007

Are you a hair stylist?

Cheeky ***** :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122490

just it said the hairdreser bit at the bottom, get the joke now!

I am a hairstylist but never had a soft top!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122726

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by jo bloggs on 06 March 2007

just it said the hairdreser bit at the bottom, get the joke now!

I am a hairstylist but never had a soft top!
No offence taken - I have developed a great sense of humour about it. An actual hairdresser may take some of the pressure off me.

Cheers.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122771

Are i don't get any stick now as i've done it for so long!

Never had a soft top though!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122943

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back