Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Just Drilled my Air box

BEN C4

Having toyed with the idea for ages after reading different posts and websites, I finally drilled loads of 20mm holes in my airbox over the weekend. I took the cover off and just did about 6 holes to start. I went for a drive and I could just about hear the difference and slightly feel it. It wasn't too loud though so I then riddled that air box cover to within an inch of it's life. I must have 30 holes in it. I then went for another drive ....... AWESOME .... in the past I have paid £200+ for induction kits for previous cars and not had anywhere near the results. The car sounds better and feels better too, I swear it is noticably more responsive. I had read that this is a 'must do' mod and it really is. If you haven't done it yet, do it today! It would have taken less than 5 minutes if I had just drilled all the holes without going for a test drive in between.

I also fitted some new door handles like these
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-911-964-993-CARRERA-ALUMINUM-INNER-DOOR-HANDLES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33696QQihZ011QQitemZ320087294325QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

This would have taken me 10 minutes if I hadn't let the little rod that pulls something to open the door come out of the door completely! I then had to spend about an hour taking my door apart so I could reconnect the little blighter again. They are a cool looking little asset to the interior though. I felt the original handles let it down and these are a good quality item that don't look as old fashioned as some of the alloy ones on ebay. With the dollar being weak at the moment these work out at about £55 (Inc P&P) which is not great but still good compared to others.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122254

Also, get rid of the engine cover if you haven't already done so!

(more sound!!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122267

I'll try and get some pics on of the swiss-cheese-like air box later today.

Kim, don't get me wrong, it's not loud, it's just a different kind of sound, it sounds great when you put your foot down, a real kind of sucking whoosh. It's like the sound you make sucking in through your teeth but instead of lungs imagine a 3.6 litre engine pulling the air in.

'scool!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122281

The door handles look good, pics of those fitted please!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122286

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/airbox.JPG

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/handle1.JPG

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/handle2.JPG

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122327

Those handles are really nice

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122336

I think i will have to add those handles to me 'to do' list!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 123397

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back