Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mods

Have any of you guys with a 996 C2/C4 had any mods - AMD offer a mod with a 15/18bhp increase for a relatively inexpensive price (£450 plus vat) - Just wondered if this makes much of a performance difference on the road - would the performance times change much?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121680

I think you would notice the difference, I don't think it would be revolutionary though. Is this for a facelift car?

I think a Revo remap might give a bit more than that.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121682

Alternatively, go down to West Tuning at thruxton- they will do a proper rolling road before n'after, and I got a lot of confidence from speaking to Ray West in conjuntion with another matter.

By all accounts, remaps aren't mind altering, but more a perceptibly greater shove (esp at lower revs), plus greater fuel efficiency oddly.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121714

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robertb on 02 March 2007

Alternatively, go down to West Tuning at thruxton- they will do a proper rolling road before n'after, and I got a lot of confidence from speaking to Ray West in conjuntion with another matter.

By all accounts, remaps aren't mind altering, but more a perceptibly greater shove (esp at lower revs), plus greater fuel efficiency oddly.

The AMD deal includes before and after Rolloing Road runs also

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121715

Revo is quite pricey- £700 + vat, claims +10-20bhp, 12-18lbft.

You do get a free trial though so you can decide if its worth it.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121809

Thanks guys. One thing AMD said is that they don't do the rolling road on 4WD cars so they actually put the car on the road afterwards. In any case after having a weekend of driving my new car I'm not so sure it needs to be any faster anyway, then again can you ever have too much power :twisted:
The AMD deal does look quite appealing though.

Has anyone actually had this type of work done on their C2/4 and can report the difference?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 122124

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back