Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Practically GT3

Dunc

Went out for a blast yesterday and was reminded of why i intended on minimal use through the winter (it is still winter by the way as i found out).

Had a close encounter with a rock about the size of a clenched fist which was greater in size than my ground clearance and skelped the chin spoiler. Fortunately it wasn't thrown up underneath and there weren't any of the painful metallic noises i was expecting.

And this was after i was looking with interest at the big shiney orange snow plough on the oncoming vehicle until i realised it was a gritter and was sandblasted at 70mph. Spent a further mile swearing and deciding the medieval punishments i'd administer should i ever meet the driver. Need to wash car to look for any damage.

Then it rained and rained making a very sprayable saline solution on the road for me to throw onto my underside and inner arches.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121342

Dunc - you need to move down south - it is more temperate! :wink:

Sorry about the gritter though, they are a pain when you get sand-blasted.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121345

Global warming? Pah!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121348

See that's the most annoying thing - it's a beautiful day here and is actually quite warm. There wasn't a hint of frost this morning, i think he'd been sent out on a mission by the paint shops to pebble dash as many cars as possible!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121383

I feel far you my freind me too hardly ever drive in the winer months far exactly the reasons you just gave

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121443

Washed car today and it is rashed on the offside. Bstrds!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121446

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back