Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

The new silver?

Dave

Portimao
Saw this at the weekend at Wilmslow OPC. I think the 997 looks fantastic in white

WP0ZZZ99Z7S721099_1.jpg

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120595

Hmm...

A white 997 GT3 :lol:
, but a standard 997 :roll:
??

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120597

The white GT3 or RS looks the Korean Meatballs, but even a "standard" C2S looks great in white (IMO of course)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120598

Still not sure about the standard car in white.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120614

not a great fan of white tbh,and I think it'll just be a passing fashion/fad for the next couple of years,a lot of ppl I know rave on about how good the mk5 GTI looks in white,but it still does nothing for me,and its the same with the 997,suits the GT3 right enough but a std or "cooking" 997 just looks too bland in white

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120629

The picture doesn't do it justice... it was much better in the flesh.

Funnily enough I saw the same car over the weekend :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120654

Not quite the same but I recently saw the new (?) Pug 207 GT150 in Austria in the snow and this really looked good so I can imagine the 997 looking great. In white I think its the new style clear lights and large grills that make them stand out.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120659

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 26 February 2007

The white GT3 or RS looks the Korean Meatballs, but even a "standard" C2S looks great in white (IMO of course)
I'm witcha Dave - It does look very cool in white :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120672

I think its interesting how tastes change. It wasn't long ago that we were exchanging thoughts on how poor the 996 looked in the "plain" colours. Now SY figures strongly.

Personally like the 997 in white and wouldn't mind it with some stripes (ducks behind parapet). Will probably look great on a Targa with the glass roof.

But I'm not sure about long term in the UK. Sun doesn't shine enough even with global warming.

Its probably all in the detail with some liking the links back to the "past".

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120677

I have been wanting a white porsche (well Boxster) since April last year. Looks like they might end up a bit common :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120695

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by nicola on 26 February 2007

I have been wanting a white porsche (well Boxster) since April last year. Looks like they might end up a bit common :wink:
Best be quick before the price starts going up! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120700

nearly half of all Porsches sold in Japan are white!!!!

I don't like it that much to be honest with you.

Its funny how in Europe white is being really popular - fad I guess.

I was talking to a mate about Porsches in white and he said that Porsche AG have always promoted white, in fact the first race Porsche ever won was in a white car! The RS was white and even the 996 GT3 RS was in white only... Guess its nothing new to them.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120725

I kinda like it to look at but not to own!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120752

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fingers on 26 February 2007

nearly half of all Porsches sold in Japan are white!!!! I don't like it that much to be honest with you.Its funny how in Europe white is being really popular - fad I guess. I was talking to a mate about Porsches in white and he said that Porsche AG have always promoted white, in fact the first race Porsche ever won was in a white car! The RS was white and even the 996 GT3 RS was in white only... Guess its nothing new to them.
I think you will find that when international race events staring promoting national identities, Germany's racing colour was white. It was the Mercedes team whose cars were famously overweight that were stripped of their paint and then became associated with the colour silver. White later became associated with Japan.

White paint can also be lighter and also make a great blank canvas for sponsorship!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121000

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilmslowSi
Back