Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

New member and MPG question

Jonathan Wall

picking a 997 c2s on Wednesday, nearly new 1,500 miles with a bit of kit on. Just coming out of an M5 e60 as I don't really need 5 seats and was ready for a change. The m5 was a fantastic car but you never forget it's a heavy exec express. One question what MPG can I realistically expect and what range will I get on my car as the one thing that really got me on the M5 was its c200m range and 13mpg. I don't drive it full throttle all the time and mix between A roads and motorways for my daily commute. It's not the £s that p****d me off it was the filling up every 2-3 days :(

Your comments welcome.

Jonathan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120578

You should get 22 - 30 mpg depending on the road (7mpg on the Nurburgring!). Which means you should get 280-350 miles out of a tank (6-7 laps on the ring).

The good thing, it that this is enough to get you to most places and back, especially if you live in the midlands!

You should enjoy the C2S it is a lovely car. And Welcome.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120580

Welcome!! I am taking delivery of the same car in March! Enjoy.

What colour did you go for??

Is your finance all signed up?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120581

22-30mpg would suit me just fine, anything above 20 and I'll feel like I'm doing my bit for the planet. the m5 made me feel enviromentally unfriendly to say the least.

I've gone for Basalt Black with black interior. I always said I'd never had a black car again as whilst they look great when clean they are a b*gg*r to keep clean.

JamieG-cash purchase but thanks for the heads up I noticed your signature.

I've got a Dension ICE kit on order for the iPod as well so will post my thoughts on that and pics when I get it installed. Only just got my BMW ipod fitted a few months ago and whilst it was better than discs it still had its limitations, hopefully the Dension will be better. My wife has a Merc factory iPod in her ML and that is near perfect.

Jonathan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120582

Nice colour combo - you will get to love polishing (or just pay G to do it, like many of us do!)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120583

Where abouts in the North West are you from?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120588

I live just outside of Preston in a village called Bretherton but am picking up the car from Stratstone in your locality...

We've only got Bolton Porsche nearby but didn't do as good a deal on the PX as Wilmslow.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120589

BTW does anyone know if the CDC will play MP3 CDs? I've searched the forums but can't find any comments against a 997 model?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120593

Welcome Jonathan. I managed to eek 21mpg out of mine on a run from Manchester to Gatwick at the weekend. I filled up in Manchester just before I left and still had to stop for more fuel on the way down. At best I have a range of 200 miles but I think the Turbo's and C4S's have a smaller tank . It may have not helped having a slight altercation with a DB9 on the M6 toll road though :oops:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120599

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Dave on 26 February 2007

It may have not helped having a slight altercation with a DB9 on the M6 toll road though :oops:
Who won? :twisted:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120602

Ref Ipod and MP3, I think that Total911 are running an article on this subject ion March issue out soon

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120755

1997 996 C2 fuel consumption average approx 29mpg overall

1994 993 C2 26mpg overall

2003 996 C4S 25mpg overall

2004 996 GT3 27mpg overall

these figures exclude trackdays, however include a fair bit of right foot. :)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120820

My 4S does 18-20 around town and I usually see 25 on a run. Im driving to Monte Carlo in April so will be interesting to see the real picture, Im planning on 3-4 hundred quid in fuel, has any body done this run.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121539

I went to Magny Cours to the F1 circuit last year. Drove to Dover etc and had a night in Paris. 7 tanks used, didnt dare work out the MPG.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 121542

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back