Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

GT3 Mk. 1 Spark Plugs

Tony Cocks

Anyone on here ever renewed the spark plugs on their GT3 Mk. 1 ?

If so, what's involved please ?

Thanks in anticipation.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120339

Can't say i have but the locations will be the same as on the other blocks i presume. Have you tried the p-car website (can't remember the address) as i has some useful diy stuff on

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120341

Just found the p-car site and there's nothing on it for plugs - sorry!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120345

Dunc, thankyou for trying.

Rgds.TC

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120349

I dont think they need doing for 12 monthsthey were changed in 2004 when it had a 4 year 48k service

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120364

I haven't done it myself, but they have been changed on the TT once (will be due again later this year).

I asked at the OPC and it is done with the engine in.
So it must be possible to access them.
I would expect it is a bit easier to get to them on the GT3.
According to the price list from the OPC, it is £269 for a GT3 and £456 for a TT or GT2 (I think this is the incremental cost if it is done with the normal servicing).

I would guess that this means it is about 1 hour of labour on the GT3.
Therefore I reckon it is a case of put it on the ramps, then remove the coil packs from the top of the spark plugs (which may be held on with a screw), unscrew the plug with suitable adapter, put in new ones after checking the gap, the put coils back on.
It should be quite straightforward (unlike on some of the older cars).

To DIY I guess the main issue is getting under the car with enough room, having the correct extensions and right-angled bits to get to things.

GT3, GT2 and TT are supposed to be changed every 24,000 miles.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 120367

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back